from 3.5.4 > 3.6.7 PL1 databae question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• from 3.5.4 > 3.6.7 PL1 databae question

i've pulled my finger out and at last moving to 3.6.7 PL1..
    done a fresh install into a new folder on my domain..
    can i simply point the 3.6.7 config.php file to the old database or does the newer version of vBulletin require a fresh import of the old database.?
    tia
    diz
    x

Why have you reinstalled instead of upgrading?

You should always upgrade vBulletin and not reinstall it. To upgrade, overwrite your existing forum files, then run install/upgrade.php

Any modifications should be checked for compatibility before upgrading and any custom templates will need to be either updated to the 3.6.7PL1 code or reverted then re-customized.
    Kerry-Anne :)

Twitter Blog

www.peterska2.com www.worldnewszone.com www.popularusenetgroups.com www.superclickers.co.uk www.forumsforchrist.com www.browsergameplanet.com

Comment

it sounded easier at the time..
      i have quite a heavily modded forum and i dread to think what problems may occur with an upgrade (particularly jumping from 354 to 367..for me personally be easier to start afresh..but thats my view..
      ive got very customised layouts, a few products/plugs, cmps..etc is an upgrade really going to be easier/faster than a fresh install which can be online in seconds leaving me to re-mod/skin at my leasure..?
      im thinking of my members more than anything else..

you didnt answer my question;
      so can i just point to the old db or do i need to do something else?

Comment

Pointing your config.php to your 3.5.4 database will require you to perform the upgrade.

The best way to do this, is to ensure that your 3.6.7 forum is behind htaccess and modify it and upgrade the style to work with this version. When you have finished, upgrade your live forum then reimport the style from your test forum. This also gives you chance to test any modifications then you know if you need to remove any before upgrading.
        Kerry-Anne :)

Twitter Blog

www.peterska2.com www.worldnewszone.com www.popularusenetgroups.com www.superclickers.co.uk www.forumsforchrist.com www.browsergameplanet.com

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X