X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rasp187
    replied
    Originally posted by Elyk View Post
    if you ever see this how or what did you do to the index,showthread,forumdisplay and online to get it to work? I have been searching all over for this.

Thanks
    Shoot me a private message. I'm at work right now and the instructions on how I did it are at home (can't remember off the top of my head).

Leave a comment:

• Elyk
    replied
    Originally posted by rasp187 View Post
    Did it. I made it so I appear on the forumhome as a guest but really I'm an admin, so I'm entirely invisible. I had to make changes to index.php, showthread.php, forumdisplay.php and online.php.
    if you ever see this how or what did you do to the index,showthread,forumdisplay and online to get it to work? I have been searching all over for this.

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• rasp187
    replied
    Did it. I made it so I appear on the forumhome as a guest but really I'm an admin, so I'm entirely invisible. I had to make changes to index.php, showthread.php, forumdisplay.php and online.php.

Leave a comment:

• Charlie_Brown
    replied
    Originally posted by Zachery View Post
    Thats not really possible by default, and will require modifications to the software to make it work that way.
    Yes this is go into usergroups and set the setting that supermods and below are not able to see invisable members and this include if you are an admin.

Leave a comment:

• ajwuzhere
    replied
    I'm not following. Those are basically the exact same template changes I have but it still shows me at the forum footer. It makes me invisible elsewhere but I literally want no trace of me browsing the forums, even on the "Currently Active Users" section, but I still want that section available for other users.
    I'm in the exact same situation. I hope there is some way to do this.

Leave a comment:

• rasp187
    replied
    Originally posted by Jose Amaral Rego View Post
    That 'mod' does hide you from other Admin(s) & Mod(s), it is just you have to remove 'Currently Active Users: 1 (1 members and 0 guests)' .
    I'm not following. Those are basically the exact same template changes I have but it still shows me at the forum footer. It makes me invisible elsewhere but I literally want no trace of me browsing the forums, even on the "Currently Active Users" section, but I still want that section available for other users.

Leave a comment:

• Jose Amaral Rego
    replied
    Yeah that just makes you invisible on the Who's Online page and in your profile, but it still shows you in the "Currently Active Users" table on forumhome. THAT'S what I'm trying to figure out.
    That 'mod' does hide you from other Admin(s) & Mod(s), it is just you have to remove 'Currently Active Users: 1 (1 members and 0 guests)' .

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    Thats not really possible by default, and will require modifications to the software to make it work that way.

Leave a comment:

• rasp187
    replied
    I realize there's a built in invisibility, but I want to hide myself from supermods and admins so I'm not shown to anyone.

Leave a comment:

• Jobe1986
    replied
    User CP -> Edit Options -> Use Invisible Mode

That basically hides yourself from any non moderator or admin.

You still see yourself in the Currently active users box but with a * by your name to say youre invisible. And you are counted as an online user but to anyone whos not in a group that has "Can see invisible users" set to yes they cant see you as online.

Leave a comment:

• rasp187
    replied
    Yeah that just makes you invisible on the Who's Online page and in your profile, but it still shows you in the "Currently Active Users" table on forumhome. THAT'S what I'm trying to figure out.

Leave a comment:

• Jose Amaral Rego
    replied
    This just happens to have been made. I was going to do <if> <else />, but this works so only you can see yourself and not your Mod/Super
    http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=135767

Leave a comment:

• rasp187
    started a topic Totally hiding an admin

Totally hiding an admin

What I want to do is totally hide an admin from the "Currently Active Users" table at the bottom. I have figured out how to make a specific userid not show on the Who's Online page, as well as in their profile, but I can't figure out how to make them invisible on the "Currently Active Users" column at the bottom of the forum. I have played around in the online.php but nothing seems to work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.