Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Share user database among multiple forums?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Share user database among multiple forums?

I don't think it is possible, but I'll ask anyway.

I'm running 4 forums* and I would like folks to be able to register one time and then log into any of the forums.

Is this simply a "that would be nice" thing to add to a future feature list, or can it be done? If it can be done, does it compromise database stability at all?

*BTW, in case you're wondering, yes, I do have a license for each of them.

There is no function to do this. This requires modifying the code. We cannot officially support code modifications or forums running modified code, however you can try searching or asking for help with this over at www.vbulletin.org.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
      There is no function to do this. This requires modifying the code. We cannot officially support code modifications or forums running modified code...
      So I won't be doing it. I used to mod/hack my forums quite a bit, but I got tired of the unofficial hacks breaking during upgrades and having to reinstall etc. So I now run a pretty much stock board with the exception of a photopost gallery add on. Add in the fact that we're talking about the user database, and I'm not willing to risk anything that's not fully supported, especially when a problem would affect all 4 forums. No thanks...

Would it be possible to add this to the list of things to consider in future versions? I'd appreciate that.

Comment

I'm positive this has been requested before. Check the Suggestions forum.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X