Few Questions on File Attachments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Few Questions on File Attachments

Is there any way to edit an attachment while editing a post? I have a forum I use to attach small programs etc, and I'd like to be able to just edit the attachment when a new version comes out. But when I Edit the post I cannot find any way to remove the old version or even attach a new version.

I found the replace attachment option in the admin CP, but when I attempt this I get the following error:

Code:
    Warning: fopen(/home/userx/public_html/sitename/forums/attach/1) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Is a directory in /includes/class_dm_attachment.php on line 574

Followed by a Vbulletin Message:

Copy to file system directory failed.

I don't believe it is a permission message as uploading attachements normally works fine as do avatars, profile pics etc.

To edit attachments while editing a post, you need to click the "Go Advanced" button. Then you will have a "Manage Attachments" button where you can add or delete attachments as well as the paperclip in the toolbar to insert them into posts or open the manager.

I'll have to look a little more closely at the error but try reloading that file is ASCII mode.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

I must be blind because I was looking all over the Edit Post - Go Advanced and was unable to find the manage attachments post..

I see it now, I will try re-uploading the file to see if that fixes the AdminCP error.

EDIT - I just re-uploaded the file in ASCII mode and it did not make a difference. I'm still getting the same error.
      Last edited by oglsmm; Wed 13th Jun '07, 9:20am.

Comment

First, reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server. Also be sure to upload the admincp files to whichever directory you have set in your config.php file. Then run 'Suspect File Versions' in Diagnostics to make sure you have all the original files for your version:

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions

[Note: In some cases you may also need to remove any of the listed .xml files in the includes/xml directory.]

Next, disable all plugins.

Note: To temporarily disable the plugin system, edit config.php and add this line right under <?php

define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);

Then if you still have this problem, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Finally empty your browser cache, close all browser windows then try again. Make sure you change to the new style and view your forums with it. Now check again.

Do you still have the same problem?
        Kerry-Anne :)

Twitter Blog

www.peterska2.com www.worldnewszone.com www.popularusenetgroups.com www.superclickers.co.uk www.forumsforchrist.com www.browsergameplanet.com

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X