No announcement yet.

Upload Error - Invalid Post specified?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upload Error - Invalid Post specified?

Im currently having issues when uploading files around 10mb, to my website: http://www.hackedconsole.com

smaller files upload fine but when they are around 10mb or larger I get the following error:

Invalid Post specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator

Its a fresh install with no hacks / mods.

I have checked changed and double checked the following:

1. File Type Added .rar
    2. File Limits increased on both vB & Server PHP.ini (4gig)
    3. Execution Time in PHP.ini has been increased (120)
    4. File System changed from MySQL to File
    5. Chmod 777 /File/ Folder
    6. Other Permissions on vB & Server

Although I have another forum on the same server and everything works fine?

In addition to the vB settings, the allowed size of the attachments depends on the PHP and MySQL configuration. You may need to check and change the upload size for both PHP and for MySQL. Note, you'll need to have root access to the server to do this (or have your host do it.) Make these changes to php.ini

upload_max_filesize = xM

..and my.cnf (or my.ini for Windows systems)

set-variable=max_allowed_packet=xM

Change it to the size ('x') you want in Megabytes. Restart the webserver and MySQL after making these changes.

Note: You may also need to increase the max_execution_time and max_input_time variables in php.ini.
    Kerry-Anne :)

Twitter Blog

www.peterska2.com www.worldnewszone.com www.popularusenetgroups.com www.superclickers.co.uk www.forumsforchrist.com www.browsergameplanet.com

Comment

I have actually increased this values as I have another forum on the server which is running fine

But im still getting the Invalid Post error when I post attachments that are larger than around 5mb+

Comment

First, reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server. Also be sure to upload the admincp files to whichever directory you have set in your config.php file. Then run 'Suspect File Versions' in Diagnostics to make sure you have all the original files for your version:

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions

[Note: In some cases you may also need to remove any of the listed .xml files in the includes/xml directory.]

Next, disable all plugins.

Note: To temporarily disable the plugin system, edit config.php and add this line right under <?php

define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);

Then if you still have this problem, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Finally empty your browser cache, close all browser windows then try again. Make sure you change to the new style and view your forums with it. Now check again.

Do you still have the same problem?
        Kerry-Anne :)

Twitter Blog

www.peterska2.com www.worldnewszone.com www.popularusenetgroups.com www.superclickers.co.uk www.forumsforchrist.com www.browsergameplanet.com

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X