Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it possible to have a second instance of vbulletin on the same server for testing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it possible to have a second instance of vbulletin on the same server for testing?

We had someone set up our vbulletin site and I was hoping to start doing some administration myself. I have learned a lot over the past month but have nowhere to test and play with vbulletin so I don't cause any issues on our site. Is there anyway to have a second instance of the board on the same server under a different name in order to test changes before making htem on the site? I would guess I would need a second database as well. Any help would be great. Thanks!

Yes... put the vBulletin files in a folder/directory called "textvb" and put a .htaccess on it (so that only you can access it).

Mae a new database, and then install vBulletin there. You could probably also import the data from from your live board to your test board so you have what to work with.

As long as there are two separate databases, then it should be fine.

Make a backup just in case.
    Congratulations on the death of vBulletin, Internet Brands.

Comment

Thanks so much for the info. I will try this and see if I can make it work.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X