Two questions from a newb...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two questions from a newb...

I'm noticing a couple things on our board that are weird.

1) When someone uses a certain amount of consecutive smilies a space is put in somewhere in the string and it comes out looking something like this:

: lol:

Any ideas why this is happening?

2) When quoting a person the curser is automatically put before the [QUOTE] instead of afterwards. So each time you reply with a quote you have to click after the quote first and then start typing. On other sites I've been on the curser automatically skips the quoted post and you can just start typing your response and it will be posted after the quote. Hope this is clear.

1) This is because the maximum word length set in your options:

AdminCP -> vBulletin Options -> Thread Display Options (showthread) -> Number of Characters Before Wrapping Text
    Want to take your board beyond the standard vBulletin features?
    Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

2)

AdminCP -> vBulletin Options -> Message Posting and Editing Options -> Quick Reply
      Want to take your board beyond the standard vBulletin features?
      Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

Thanks for the answers. The quick reply feature was turned off by the person who set up the board because he thought it was a security problem for some reason. I think I might turn it back on.

Comment

Working...
        X