remove forum from DB manually...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• remove forum from DB manually...

I have a pesky forum that won't go away. I deleted it from the FORUMS table but it's still hanging around. Any advice on what tables need to be cleaned?

No i can't do it from admincp, it just says that the forum id doesn't exist. I even tried putting the entry back in, but then it still fails and says something is missing.

Thankyou for your help...
    --jake

You need to update the forumcache in the datastore.
    Best Regards
    Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

update forumcache in datastore...

Excellent thanks for the info, but how do i do this? Is there a process in admincp or is this something i do manually?

Thanks for your help...
      --jake

Comment

Editing and saving a forum should update the cache. If not, then upload the tools.php script in the 'do_not_upload' folder of the vB zip file to your Admin CP directory and run it from your browser. Then run the [Usergroup/Forum Cache] option. This should fix this problem.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Case Closed...

This went away by itself when i switched to a new ISP this weekend!

When i updated the forums by saving one in admincp it flushed it out.
          (if you recall my prior problem, i have been unable to save forums)

Thanks,
          --jake

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X