Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to hide a specific administrator so he/she doesn't show up in the Members List?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to hide a specific administrator so he/she doesn't show up in the Members List?

I have a specific administrator that I don't want to show up in the Members list. How can I prevent this user from showing up in that list.

I have already enabled "invisible mode" so people don't see when this person is online in the forum. I just can't seem to find a way to prevent them from showing up in the Members list.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Create a new usergroup and set it so it doesn't show in the member list but has access to the control panel and is a super moderator. Put this member in that group.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Hmmm ... I wanted to prevent the administrator with id=1 to not show up. Will your still work for this user?

Comment

Set the user account to be invisible. This way normal members can't view this user. Check their usergroup permissions, so they are set to not allow viewing of invisible users.

Comment

Not working

Floris,

The procedure you recommended isn't working. For example, the account with id=1 is called "admin_system". I have set "Invisible Mode" under Browsing Options to Yes.

When an unregistered or registered user view the Members List they can see that "admin_system" is online despite their "Can 'See' Users Who Have Chosen to be Invisible While Online" is set to No.

Is it even possible to place "admin_system" in a new usergroup as suggested by Wayne Luke?

I simply don't want anyone to know the name of the user who had id=1 just so no one attempts any login attempts using this account. If it's not listed in the "Members List" no one will ever know it.

Comment

Originally posted by msindad View Post
            Floris,
            I simply don't want anyone to know the name of the user who had id=1 just so no one attempts any login attempts using this account. If it's not listed in the "Members List" no one will ever know it.
            I don't think you can ever hide who #1 is, because all they have to do is plug a URL like this in:
            http://www.yourforum.com/yourforum/member.php?u=1
            And there it appears (substituting your actual forum location for the two "yourforum"s)

But if you want to create an admin that doesn't show up as an admin...I did it like this when I wanted to plant a stealth admin in my forum:

First, I created a new usergroup based on the administrator usergroup, called it "secret admins", and set it so it would not appear in the "forum leaders" page.

Then for my stealth admin, I set their primary usergroup as "secret admins", their additional group as "registered users" and set the usergroup to display as "registered users".

This gives my stealth admin all the admin powers they need, but they appear as a plain-old registered user to everyone including other admins (unless the other admins are digging around in the admincp, of course)

Hope this helps. Of course, you can rename "secret admins" to whatever you want. If you want, PM me and I can walk you through it, but it's pretty straightforward. I did it, and I'm far from being a vBulletin genius

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X