subforums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• subforums

How can I let the subforums show up in the forum description? Do I have to add links manually in the description or is there a setting for this?

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> vBulletin Options -> Forum Listing Display Options -> Depth of Subforums to show.

Defaults to 0 but you can increase it to fit your needs.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Thanks that worked. How can I set them so that each subforum link starts in a new line?

Comment

You'd need to edit two templates to achieve that effect.
        Admin CP > Style Manager > <<>> > Forum Home Templates

Edit:
        forumhome_subforumbit_nopost
        forumhome_subforumbit_post

Add this to the end of each template and saving it should do the trick for you:
        Code:
        <br />
        Best Regards,
        Andy Huang

Comment

Thank you. Is there a way that I can choose which forum's subforums shouls be shows. I don't want to show the subforums for every forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Deidre View Post
            Thank you. Is there a way that I can choose which forum's subforums shouls be shows. I don't want to show the subforums for every forum.
            Discussed here: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=232680

Comment

You can probably try playing with this conditional in BOTH forumhome_subforumbit_nopost and forumhome_subforumbit_post template
              Code:
              <if condition="in_array($forum[forumid], array(X,Y,Z))">
              ... original content here ...
              </if>
              Where X,Y,Z are forumid's of forums you want to show.

I have never tested this and don't know if this would work as desired though, so please do report back if this doesn't work... though, I can't think of another possible way to make this happen w/o custom code edits...
              Best Regards,
              Andy Huang

Comment

Thanks Andy and John, but I still don't understand what I'm supposed to do

Comment

My solution was this: In the templates Andy listed above, insert the following at the very beginning of the template:

Code:
                  <if condition="!in_array($forumid, array(19,20))">
                  And this at the very end:

Code:
                  </if>
                  Replace 19 and 20 with the forumid's that you do not want to have visible

Comment

Thank you. I tried it, and it worked, but this is for when you want certain subforums not to show in the main forum.

For example: Inside a forum you have 3 subforums, you only want 2 of them to show up, so you insert the one that you don’t want to show up, inside the code.

What I’m looking for is a code/setting so that I can prevent all the subforums inside a sertain forum to not show underneath the forum.

Or, visa-versa: When my settings are set so that subforums will not show underneath the forums, I need a code wich will allow me to still show like 3 forum’s subforums, but not the rest.

Is there a code/setting for one of the 2 stuff I mentioned above? Cause, I guess the code you gave me can work, but that will take me a long time to add all the ID’s to that code.

And….

Going back to one of my previous questions:

Thanks that worked. How can I set them so that each subforum link starts in a new line?

How can a remove the name “subforums” wich appears above the list of subforums, as well as the coma wich separates the subforum names from each other?

Comment

To stop the display of all subforums for a particular forum, edit the forumhome_forumbit_level2_post template. Find
                      Code:
                      $childforumbits
                      and use the condition posted by John in post #9 but use the forumid for the parent forum (ie the one that they would be displayed in) instead of the subforums themselves.
                      Kerry-Anne :)

Twitter Blog

www.peterska2.com www.worldnewszone.com www.popularusenetgroups.com www.superclickers.co.uk www.forumsforchrist.com www.browsergameplanet.com

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X