Moderating new members

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moderating new members

So I need to moderate all new members. This means people can signup but cannot view or participate in the forum activity unless they have been approved by the admin.

I have moderate new members on and I have it set to send an email to me when a new user signs up.

Everything is working fine except I am not receiving the email to moderate the new members. Is this a bug in my software or something I haven't set up correctly?

Thanks,
    Eric

You can check to see if your email is working properly on vBulletin's end under Maintance -> Diagnostics in your Admin CP.

If it doesn't check out our email troubleshooter here:
    http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/troubleshoot_email
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Well it must have something to do with my email cause it seems to be working with my hotmail and not my outlook mail..

however, the email I received simply sadi that a new user registered, it didnt say anything about moderating them.. does this mean I just go into the admincp and switch their usergroup to registered?

Comment

There will be a link on your Admin CP home page that says "Users to be moderated: X". Just click on that and you can approve or deny them.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
        Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X