Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

tranfer from subdomain to domain - image paths set to old, still.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• weshouldnetwork
    replied
    Very helpful thank you

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    For support on CMPS contact that company who sells or shares it. We didn't write that code.

Leave a comment:

• karlm
    replied
    Thank you Floris,
    The above was the first thing I did, but my CMPS still points to the old sub domain. Perhaps a cookie issue?

ETA, extra thanks to Floris for 2nd post - I hadn't realised you'd answered there too as I'd missed it by going to newest post.
    Last edited by karlm; Wed 6th Jun '07, 5:00pm.

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    Admin Control Panel > vBulletin Options > vBulletin Options > Site URL settings > make sure these point to the right URL/path

Leave a comment:

• karlm
    replied
    Thanks Wayne.
    Do you know how I can get it to avoid referring to the subdomain when I try to install other products? It's as if there is something in the core of vbulletin telling other products that it is still on the test subdomain...

Regards,

Karl

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    You need to change the paths under Styles & Templates -> Style Manager -> %YourStyle% -> Stylevars (on the All Style Options dropdown).

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    Check if they are hard coded in the templates / the stylevars

Leave a comment:

• tranfer from subdomain to domain - image paths set to old, still.

As the title suggests, I've just done a complete reinstall of vbulletin 3.6.7PL1 on a sub domain of my site. Having got the impex transfer through without fault I edited my config on my life site to reflect the new database settings.
    In short, I changed my live site from mydb1 to mydb2.
    My issue is that when I attempt anything pertaining to images the paths always point back to the sub domain instead of the new domain.
    I've gone through admincp and made the necessary amendments there, but the image paths still point back to the subdomain (test area).

Any ideas, folks?

Karl