Edit/save post delay.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edit/save post delay.

On one of my large forums, I have been experiencing a very odd issue. If you post a new thread, it takes .00001 seconds to post. The server is a beast, and everything else works perfect.

If I, or my users make a post, and then goes back and hits "EDIT", and edit the post, when we go to save it, it can take upwards of 2 minutes, or it will time out to post the changes. But if I hit "GO ADVANCED" while I'm editing and hit submit, it takes it instantly.

This also seems to happen sometimes with quick replys.

What could be causing this glitch? I was told to check out my addons, but nothing has changed since the upgrade to 3.6.5 many months ago, and it used to work fine. A couple weeks ago it just started hanging.

System Stats:
    Vbulletin 3.6.5
    12 "plugins" installed.
    220-260 Users normally logged in at any giving time.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by clarkstoncracke; Wed 6th Jun '07, 8:03am.

Hello,

Can you tell me if you have WYSIWYG enabled in quick edit mode?

If it is enabled, can you experience the same problem if you disable it?

(I had a problem like this, but with WYSIWYG disabled, the edit was done instantly)

Comment

I use "standard" editor. I just tried using a plain text box, and I tried the full WYSIWYG editor. It hangs if I include a % in the edit, but it seemed to post faster using the plain text box edit feature. It still hangs in any of the three editors once in a while.

It seems it hangs 100% of the time if the message includes a % (percentage sign)

What code is freaking out when it sees a % sign?

This is driving me insane.

Last edited by clarkstoncracke; Wed 6th Jun '07, 8:02am.

Comment

I tried disabling each plug-in, one by one. This did not help anything.

Comment

ttt

Comment

First, reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server. Also be sure to upload the admincp files to whichever directory you have set in your config.php file. Then run 'Suspect File Versions' in Diagnostics to make sure you have all the original files for your version:

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions

[Note: In some cases you may also need to remove any of the listed .xml files in the includes/xml directory.]

Next, disable all plugins.

Note: To temporarily disable the plugin system, edit config.php and add this line right under <?php

define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);

Then if you still have this problem, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Finally empty your browser cache, close all browser windows then try again. Make sure you change to the new style and view your forums with it. Now check again.

Do you still have the same problem?

Comment

To troubleshoot this, please remove any hacks and disable your plugins, then see if you still have this problem.
              Note: To temporarily disable the plugin system, edit config.php and add this line right under <?php

define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);

If so, reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server.

If your problem still exists, please create a new Style with no Parent set. Now browse the forum using this new style, do you still have the same problems? If you are troubleshooting login or guest issues, you will need to set this style as board default in the vBulletin Options.

If this does not solve your problem, please open a Support Ticket.
              Want to take your board beyond the standard vBulletin features?
              Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

Thank you guys for your reply. I will start on this tonight.

Comment