Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stop hooks..forum doesn't work

Hi,
    My forum has been acting up so I uninstalled most of my hacks. When that didn't work, I disabled the hooks system. Now whe I try to browse posts I get this message:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: parsehide() in /directoryname/directoryname/public_html/353/includes/functions_forumdisplay.php on line 162

I thought when we disabled the hooks system , VB would be acting only on its natural code..??

By the way..I have just upgraded from 367 to the latest but still get a message saying that the latest version is 367PL1.
    Any ideas?

That's because the latest version is not 3.6.7, but 3.6.7pl1.

Comment

Thanks floris..I said I have upgraded from 367 to the latest version in my post which is 3.6.7 pl1. I believe I, do, have the latest version.

Comment

When you are in the admincp in the top frame does it say:

You are currently running: 3.6.7 or 3.6.7pl1 ?

Comment

They say a pic is worth a 1000 or is it a 100 words. By the way, thanks for caring. See the attached pic.
          Attached Files

Comment

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: parsehide()

parsehide() is not a vBulletin function, please contact the author of the modification.
            Want to take your board beyond the standard vBulletin features?
            Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

Originally posted by Marco van Herwaarden View Post
              Fatal error: Call to undefined function: parsehide()

parsehide() is not a vBulletin function, please contact the author of the modification.
              Hi,
              What modification? This happens when I disable hooks i.e. all modifications are stopped..right?

Comment

This function gets called even when the plugin system is turned off it seems. Please contact the author for a solution.
                Want to take your board beyond the standard vBulletin features?
                Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

Got it..You were right. The script causing this was called vaispy.php. It was also causing an extra load on my forum due to it being Ajax and loaded every 7 seconds. Sorry for disturbing you. I am cutting down on mods now. I am trying to run the forum like you made it to run so I don't get errors. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by haythamghareeb View Post
                    Hi,
                    What modification? This happens when I disable hooks i.e. all modifications are stopped..right?
                    Some mods make replacements directly into the parsed templates and call functions from there. Not a good programming practice. This was probably the cause of this.
                    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Through my forum's CP I did a check and found files in my forum directory (over 80) that weren't supposed to be there. Some go back to 3.6.5 version and some that didn't belong in the root folder at all. I am really amazed how they got there. I deleted all of them along with the vaispy.php and there was an (I think that' the name ) xss protection product file and now my forum is ok. Just wanted to share the info.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X