a little help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a little help

hi im setting up my forums and want to have certain sections only visible to certain members.
    please can you help me on this as im new to all this and have tried to no avail .
    im not sure if i have to set a custom group and allow them in and set permissions to a forum tbh im a bit confussed so a little help would be appriciated

many thanks in advance cypher

Set your default registered usergroup to have no permission to these forums.
    Then create a new usergroup, based on this default usergroup, based on this default usergroup permissions, and then modify it per forum it should get access to.

Manually you can update their account, or use the promotion system to auto update it.

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html has some more information about usergroups, forum permissions, and the promotion system.

Comment

many thanks easy when u know how this is a great system and thanks for the quick and precise response

Comment

Glad to be of help, and welcome to the vb community.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X