Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone see this BUG report ? (Merge Post)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone see this BUG report ? (Merge Post)

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/proje...?issueid=22212

It is very important because I was lost many attachment for this problem.We are test on 4 board this test every board is same problem.
    Last edited by Bulent Tekcan; Sat 2 Jun '07, 12:19am.

Bug reports will be responded to once a developer looks into it.

For now i suggest you don't merge posts that contain attachments.
    Want to take your board beyond the standard vBulletin features?
    Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

We are already stopped for merge post s since yesterday.I'm waiting developer response.

Thanks

Comment

PS i did run some test on 3.6.7 and i was not able to reproduce the error.

To troubleshoot this, please remove any hacks and disable your plugins, then see if you still have this problem.
        Note: To temporarily disable the plugin system, edit config.php and add this line right under <?php

define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);

If so, reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server.

If your problem still exists, please create a new Style with no Parent set. Now browse the forum using this new style, do you still have the same problems? If you are troubleshooting login issues, you will need to set this style as board default in the vBulletin Options.
        Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

This problem is not only in our forum,we are test on 4 forum.2 forum code is not use any plugin and also use default skin,but same problem there.

We are not any login problem.

Comment

Did you test this bug with 2 different user ? You must test 2 different user.

I'm already test hook system disabled of course.Because we are using vbulletin code for a long time also I know test procedure for vbulletin normally.
            Last edited by Bulent Tekcan; Sat 2 Jun '07, 3:17am.

Comment

Yes i tested with merging posts from 2 different users, and both posts contained attachments.

Comment

Both attachments is yours ? Or upload every users own attachments ? And also did you check attachments after merge (press every attachment) ?

Comment

- open a new thread
                  - reply 2 times (with diferent usernames)
                  - all 3 posts have to include attachments (image or rar , zip..)
                  - merge all the posts
                  - then see the attachments if they work

(attachments are in file system, not in database)

Comment

We build a new forum everything is default.Test everything again same problem occured.

Please use CRTL+F5 after merge post action.

Comment

We are test again 2 type...

This problem occured if your attachments in File System.In Database no problem.
                      Last edited by Bulent Tekcan; Sat 2 Jun '07, 4:27am.

Comment

Any good news for this bug ? Because I don't know how many attachments lost for this reason.

Comment

I wonder if this gets fixed, and if the fix is posted for current version, if it will being back the lost attachments. perhaps revert to a backup prior to the merging of the posts?

Comment

Our database 8GB without attachments,and I don't know problem starting time.Maybe lost 50-60 attachments,no problem at this point.But I need a fix,because everyday my users post 4000-4500 messages.Many times we need to merge.

Thanks

Comment

I just posted a fix.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X