3.6.7 PL Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.6.7 PL Issues

Ever since we upgraded to the newest version our board has stopped sending emails to our members. We have email verification turned on and no one is getting anything - we've even created a couple of accounts ourselves and did not receive anything.

I tried changing the sendmail option to smtp but that doesn't seem to resolve the issue either.

Any ideas ??

What version did you upgrade from?
    Best Regards
    Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

we were on 3.6.5... then 3.6.6... then 3.6.7... then 3.6.7 PL1

=)

Comment

I don't think anything changed in regard to email sending in those versions. Can you ask your host if they changed anything recently?
        Best Regards
        Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

I uploaded 3.6.7 straight (no upgrade) and no e-mails will be sent from my forum either, if that helps any...

Comment

There were no changes in vB that would cause this.

Please see this page for help troubleshooting email problems:

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/troubleshoot_email
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I was going to upgrade this tonight, but before I do, has this issue been resolved?

Comment

This is not a problem with vB.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by M1TCH3LL View Post
                  I uploaded 3.6.7 straight (no upgrade) and no e-mails will be sent from my forum either, if that helps any...
                  Same problem here, too. Have tried using an inhouse Exchange server (SMTP), as well as the embedded PHP setting.

Nothing seems to work. I've edited the php.ini file about 70 times without any success.

I'm missing something and ready to pull my hair out.

Comment

Kerry-Anne :)

Twitter Blog

www.peterska2.com www.worldnewszone.com www.popularusenetgroups.com www.superclickers.co.uk www.forumsforchrist.com www.browsergameplanet.com

Comment

Originally posted by Kerry-Anne View Post

Thanks Kerry-Anne,

Went over that already (several threads refer to it).

I'm convinced there's a problem with the latest PHP release and IIS 6. There's hits all over the web about it and the only solution I've been able to find is people reverting back to an older version (4.x) of PHP.

Comment

If you followed those instructions then what do the server and vB mail logs show?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X