Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Part of post being cut

I have vBulletin version 3.6.4.

Some of my members (like 10-20%) have encountered weird problems in the past 1-2 months. When they posts longer posts than 1-2 lines their posts are being cut (example: they write 10 lines and sumbit reply and only 1-2 lines appears in the post). They also have problems with quoting a message.

I have no idea what could be causing this, cause the other 80-90% of my members have never hadthis problem (including me). And those 10-20%, they don't have it every time they post, but usually. Sometimes they can post more than 1-2 lines without problems.

Can you check what the exact text they're trying to post is, and at what point exactly it gets cut off?
    Best Regards
    Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

Ok I asked one of the guys with the problem to take few screenshots of the problem.

Let me explain the pictures a bit....

Pic 1. The original post.

Pic 2. "Finnish Guy" quotes the message, writes few lines and clicks "Sumbit reply".

Pic 3. The result. Only 1st line is there, the rest is missing.

The same thing happens when he switches editor mode (see Pic 4.)

It also happens to him in "normal posts" (without quote).
      Attached Files

Comment

Which version of PHP are you running? I have another customer with a similar problem.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

There were other tickets and threads related to this and it turned out to be an error in a Debian build that was later fixed. If you are using Debian, you should upgrade to a newer build.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
          Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

I have no idea about the Debian thing, I guess only my host can do that?

I'll give some info though, maybe you can tell me whether I need some update or not.

PHP Version: 5.2.0-8+etch4

Then I searched for word "debian" from phpinfo:

Apache Version: Apache/2.2.3 (Debian) PHP/5.2.0-8+etch4 mod_ssl/2.2.3 OpenSSL/0.9.8c

SERVER_SIGNATURE: <address>Apache/2.2.3 (Debian) PHP/5.2.0-8+etch4 mod_ssl/2.2.3

Comment

That is a confirmed problem with PHP 5.2.0-8+etch4.

Your host will need to upgrade to at least etch5 to fix this.
              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
                That is a confirmed problem with PHP 5.2.0-8+etch4.

Your host will need to upgrade to at least etch5 to fix this.
                Ok thanks for the very fast reply. I will tell my host to upgrade as soon as possible.

Comment

Working...
                X