Restricting Admin Access To Paid Subscriptions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restricting Admin Access To Paid Subscriptions

This may seem like a dumb question to some of you but I've searched and searched and I can not find the answer. In our forums we have two Admin user groups, Owners and Administrators. The Owners are myself and my brother, while the two Admins are people that handle the simple actions regarding the forums (hire mods, make name changes, etc.). We have just implemented paid subscriptions on our board and I want to restrict the "Admin" user group from being able to access the paid subscriptions in the AdminCP. Obviously if they had this access they would be able to change the paypal email address or give others free subscriptions. I have already looked in "Administrator Permissions" and have not had any luck. Can someone please guide me in the right direction?

Thanks a lot!

Open includes/xml/cpnav_vbulletin.xml and look for:

Code:
    <navgroup phrase="paid_subscriptions" permissions="canadminusers" hr="true" displayorder="170">
    Change the permissions from canadminusers to something they don't have access to like canadminsettings.

You'll have to make this change with every release though at least until there are more breaks added to permission settings for administrators.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
      Open includes/xml/cpnav_vbulletin.xml and look for:

Code:
      <navgroup phrase="paid_subscriptions" permissions="canadminusers" hr="true" displayorder="170">
      Change the permissions from canadminusers to something they don't have access to like canadminsettings.

You'll have to make this change with every release though at least until there are more breaks added to permission settings for administrators.
      Thank you so much, I really appreciate it! Just edited the file and it worked perfect!
      Last edited by WURIGRAY; Fri 25th May '07, 9:24am.

Comment

Thanks - this solved my issue as well - I love the search feature
        MORE | UnitedMania

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X