Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New problem creating polls.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • New problem creating polls.

    I am running the most current version of VB and today I noticed something about creating polls. I start a new thread, write it out and then check the box for add a poll then push submit and nada. Nothing. The page doesn't move, create an error or anything. I have had to post, then go back and add the poll.
    Any ideas?
    Lisa

  • #2
    First, reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server. Also be sure to upload the admincp files to whichever directory you have set in your config.php file. Then run 'Suspect File Versions' in Diagnostics to make sure you have all the original files for your version:

    Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions

    [Note: In some cases you may also need to remove any of the listed .xml files in the includes/xml directory.]

    Next, disable all plugins.

    Note: To temporarily disable the plugin system, edit config.php and add this line right under <?php

    define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);

    Then if you still have this problem, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Finally empty your browser cache, close all browser windows then try again. Make sure you change to the new style and view your forums with it. Now check again.

    Do you still have the same problem?
    Kerry-Anne :)

    Twitter Blog

    www.peterska2.com www.worldnewszone.com www.popularusenetgroups.com www.superclickers.co.uk www.forumsforchrist.com www.browsergameplanet.com

    Comment


    • #3
      OK up to the disable hooks part nothing worked but then when I did that step it worked. So what on earth does that mean??
      Thanks
      Lisa

      Comment


      • #4
        That means that one of your modifications is causing the problems.

        To find out which one, disable all products in the product manager then remove the line from config.php

        Then enable them again one at a time testing between each one until you find the one that is causing the problem and leave this one disabled or remove it completely.
        Kerry-Anne :)

        Twitter Blog

        www.peterska2.com www.worldnewszone.com www.popularusenetgroups.com www.superclickers.co.uk www.forumsforchrist.com www.browsergameplanet.com

        Comment


        • #5
          OK I kinda figured that. I Think I might have an idea what one it is, so I will try that one first.
          Lisa

          Comment

          widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X