cannot save Main CSS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
    You need to create a text file named .htaccess (note the beginning period), add those lines of code, then upload that file in ASCII format to your main forum directory.
    There was already a file there named that that had one line in it (looked like a directory to my main page), so I added that stuff underneath it and still nothing. Heres what it looks like.

RedirectMatch permanent ^/$ http://devilbrad.com/dbhomepage.php
    <IfModule mod_security.c>
    SecFilterEngine Off
    SecFilterScanPOST Off
    </IfModule>

Comment

That looks right.

If it's not working then I'm afraid this means that your host does not allow you to override it with htaccess. You will have to contact them to fix this problem. Sorry.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I have had the aso tech check to make sure that the mod_security add on is off and it is. He even tried a small rewrite of the .htaccess file to make sure it was off, but it didn't work either.

He sent me the following message:

With those lines in the .htaccess file, that will disable mod_security. As far as the errors, I am seeing this in the apache logs:

[Sun May 27 15:55:08 2007] [error] [client 68.19.63.173] File does not exist: /home/cheryl/public_html/forum/clientscript/yui/yahoo-dom-event.js
        [Sun May 27 15:55:08 2007] [error] [client 68.19.63.173] File does not exist: /home/cheryl/public_html/forum/clientscript/yui/connection.js
        [Sun May 27 15:55:10 2007] [error] [client 68.19.63.173] File does not exist: /home/cheryl/public_html/forum/clientscript/yui/yahoo-dom-event.js
        [Sun May 27 15:55:10 2007] [error] [client 68.19.63.173] File does not exist: /home/cheryl/public_html/forum/clientscript/yui/connection.js
        [Sun May 27 16:13:24 2007] [error] [client 205.188.117.19] File does not exist: /home/cheryl/public_html/forum/clientscript/vbulletin_css/style-89935d7a-00005.css
        [Sun May 27 16:15:13 2007] [error] [client 72.14.194.20] File does not exist: /home/cheryl/public_html/forum/clientscript/vbulletin_css/style-e65beda1-00005.css
        [Sun May 27 16:24:02 2007] [error] [client 68.5.61.243] File does not exist: /home/cheryl/public_html/forum/clientscript/yui/yahoo-dom-event.js
        [Sun May 27 16:24:03 2007] [error] [client 68.5.61.243] File does not exist: /home/cheryl/public_html/forum/clientscript/yui/connection.js

Looks like this may be a problem with the vbulletin install. You may want to try posting the forums for vbulletin and see if there is anything else they may suggest. Also a link to the URL you are receiving the error with (and any login info required to get there) would be helpful as well.
        I'd be happy to send you my admincp log in info., just let me know how to get it to you.

Comment

I'm talking to an ASO tech as well. We arent really getting any where though. What is all the yahoo stuff?? It looks like it cant find the vbulletin_css folder. HHMM.........

Comment

cherylferraro, those are not vB files.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

wow, this is totally confusing...

I have upload/clientscript/yui/connection.js and upload/clientscript/yui/yahoo-dom-event.js in the 3.67pl directory I downloaded and then subsequently uploaded to my server. If they aren't vb files then where did they come from?

I'm sure this must be annoying for you and I'm sorry, I've run one of these forums for over 7 years and this is the only time I've really not known what to do.

Comment

I just got a short but sweet email back from ASO "The error is gone now, thanks." And its working!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by cherylferraro View Post

I have upload/clientscript/yui/connection.js and upload/clientscript/yui/yahoo-dom-event.js in the 3.67pl directory I downloaded and then subsequently uploaded to my server. If they aren't vb files then where did they come from?
                  I have no idea what those files are from. Sorry.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

I asked ASO what the problem was. Heres the answer, hopefully its all workign now for everyone.

Brad,

We have been securing php more lately, and the suhosin extension we added was
                    not allowing as many variables as that setup page had to go through.

I upped the limit and it works.

Regards,

Phil

Comment

For ohers that have suhosin installed in PHP, you can try these lines in your .htacees file:

php_value suhosin.request.max_vars 2048
                      php_value suhosin.post.max_vars 2048

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

I have no idea what those files are from. Sorry.
                        Steve, I downloaded a new build of the vb 367pl software and these files are still in the upload folder. Please advise...

For others that have suhosin installed in PHP, you can try these lines in your .htacees file:

php_value suhosin.request.max_vars 2048
                        php_value suhosin.post.max_vars 2048
                        Adding these lines to my forum .htaccess fixed the 406 error, thank you, especially to devilbrad. I was able to delete the previously suggested mod_security lines from .htaccess with no consequence in this situation.

Comment

I am getting this too. I have my host looking into it.

I have done the thing listed in post #5, so i hope it get it fixed soon. They did do some thing to mod security a few days ago as i had problems with my chat room.

Comment

Steve, I downloaded a new build of the vb 367pl software and these files are still in the upload folder. Please advise...
                            You are absolutely right. These are in 3.6.7. I was not looking for the 'yui' directory. My apologies.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Originally posted by Spookysalem View Post
                              I am getting this too. I have my host looking into it.

I have done the thing listed in post #5, so i hope it get it fixed soon. They did do some thing to mod security a few days ago as i had problems with my chat room.
                              Please follow the suhosin instructions too. Then if you still have this problem please start your own thread. It's too confusing when several people hijack the same thread.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Originally posted by devilbrad View Post
                                I asked ASO what the problem was. Heres the answer, hopefully its all workign now for everyone.
                                Wow, this thread really took off since I last looked at it. I too am using ASO. I will contact them and see if they can apply the same fix for me.

EDIT: I spoke to them and they fixed the problem in no time. Problem resolved.
                                Last edited by killa101; Mon 28th May '07, 4:32pm.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X