X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    ArboristSite

• ArboristSite
    replied
    I'm having this problem with Comcast only. The emails are also disappearing into thin air. I guess I will try to contact them.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Read this as well:
    http://postmaster.info.aol.com/whitelist/index.html

Leave a comment:

• Christie

• Christie
    replied
    Originally posted by Bill Admin View Post
    EDIT: I have no idea how to contact AOL. If anyone does, advise.

AND... no one else has this problem?
    I'm doing battle with AOL at the moment, since about a week ago they have decided not to deliver our emails, they don't even bounce they just disappear into thin air.

I have messaged my host and they have made sure we have reverse DNS, but still no emails. My host has also looked at the logs and confirms the problem is AOL's end not ours.

One of my members on AOL has been onto them to deliver the emails, they have said they will have them restored in 48 hours, not holding my breath.

I have tried messaging the AOL postmaster myself, you may find an email address on here that is useful http://webmaster.info.aol.com/help.html

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager

• Steve Machol
    replied
    AOL will not accept emails from domains that do not have reverse DNS setup. It's possible these emails are being placed into a spam folder or are being filtered.

The first thing you need to do is ask your host to setup reverse DNS for your domain.

Leave a comment:

• Bill Admin

• Bill Admin
    replied
    Originally posted by Dennis Olson View Post
    Your auto-generated emails may be being filtered by the ISPs you mentioned. You'll need to contact those ISPs personally, in order to have the emails from your domain "white listed" by them, so they go through. This issue has nothing to do with vBulletin. Rather, it's an issue with some ISPs.
    This still baffles me that everyone is not screaming about this. Why I would be the only person having trouble with AOL and COMCAST is weird. It would seem to me that this would affect every user of vBulletin. I don't get it.

I have a small forum and it's a PITA to deal with. Every single AOL or COMCAST new member... I have to manually add them to Registered Members and email them what I did.

EDIT: I have no idea how to contact AOL. If anyone does, advise.

AND... no one else has this problem?
    Bill Admin
    Last edited by Bill Admin; Thu 31 May '07, 5:51am.

Leave a comment:

• Dennis Olson

• Dennis Olson
    replied
    Your auto-generated emails may be being filtered by the ISPs you mentioned. You'll need to contact those ISPs personally, in order to have the emails from your domain "white listed" by them, so they go through. This issue has nothing to do with vBulletin. Rather, it's an issue with some ISPs.

Leave a comment:

• Floris

• Floris
    replied
    Find the content of this email, the phrase .. copy some of it that's unique for that mail into the search for phrases and find the phrase.

Leave a comment:

• Bill Admin

• Bill Admin
    replied
    Can anyone tell me how to edit the confirmation email? I have looked extensively and can't find it.

Leave a comment:

• Floris

• Floris
    replied
    They probably banned the mails that look the same.
    Try changing the email body and subject phrases to something more unique to fool the filters. Perhaps it won't get caught as spam now; nor bounce.

Leave a comment:

• Bill Admin

• Bill Admin
    started a topic AOL / COMCAST emails continue to bounce back

AOL / COMCAST emails continue to bounce back

I tried to search and it keeps saying "search term must be four words or more" or something like that. That seems rather odd. And even when I make it four or even five words, it still barfs. I know that I created a thread weeks ago about AOL and COMCAST.

Anyway, this is a giant PITA. Every single registration for an AOL or COMCAST users, the confirmation email bounces back. I can't imagine this being "normal." Surely other people are having the same problem as me? What can I do, this is too much work to manually fix it and email them as to what I have done.

BTW, I have warnings posted all over my site to AOL and COMCAST users, telling them what they have to do and I don't think one person has paid one bit of attention to it. There is no way they can miss it but they ignore it.

Thanks, I must fix this!