Login error on a Mac

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Login error on a Mac

I've been running my vbulletin forum for a while without problems, but one user is reporting an issue. They go to login and enter their information, and get to the main forum page. But as soon as they click on any links, they are always taken right back to the login page. Therefore, they can't ever see anything in the forum. Any ideas? Nothing has changed on the server side, so it's obviously a client issue, but I don't know what to tell them.

They are running
    Safari V 2.0.4 (419.3) and
    Firefox Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X; en-US; rv:1.8.1.3) Gecko/20070309 Firefox/2.0.0.3

Haha! Now I'm having the exact same problem on my XP/IE7 machine. No one can login! Sweet.

Comment

Get the vbulletin .zip file for the version you're running.
      Then go to the do not upload/ folder in it, and from there, get the tools.php file and put it online in admincp (only tools.php).

Then load that file from the browser and reset the cookie domain and path settings.

And try again.

Comment

Floris,

I'm running 3.6.8 and the problem has been reported to me as well: user on a Mac and Safari. Do I need to go through the same process as described in your post?

http://forums.watchuseek.com

Comment

I am on a Powerbook with FireFox 1.5 and old Safari, and a Mac Pro with the latest FireFox 2.0.x and the latest beta of Safari. I can't reproduce this on 3 forums that I don't run myself. So yes, I recommend to reset it for your forum too and see if it fixes it. If it is persistent for those Mac users issue a support ticket and include the forum details and someone from our staff can take a look to see if it is something else.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X