No announcement yet.

Categories not to appear in subforums?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Categories not to appear in subforums?

Hi,

I have a question about a customization - I have a forum that looks like this (from the admin cp point of view):

As you can see, the "Board Category" and "Category 2" are categories, and "Board Announcements" and "Board Help" are the forums.

Now, if I go to my forum home, only the "Board Category" and "Board Announcements" are viewable. I went to vBulletin Options - Forum Listings Display Options and I put "2" in the Depth of Sub-Forums field.

What I see now is that there is a text at the bottom of the "Board Announcements" description: "Sub-Forums: Category 2, Board Help". My question is, is there any way to make the categories (in this case "Category 2") under a forum to disappear? So it'll say "Sub-Forums: Board Help", instead of the Category 2 as well.

I figured it may have to do something with the "cancontainthreads" function that makes it act as a category if selected no, but I'm not sure how to code it.

Is there any way to achieve this?

Thanks in advance!
    Cle.

There is no function to do this. This requires modifying the code. We cannot officially support code modifications or forums running modified code, however you can try searching or asking for help with this over at vBulletin.org.
    Kerry-Anne :)

Twitter Blog

www.peterska2.com www.worldnewszone.com www.popularusenetgroups.com www.superclickers.co.uk www.forumsforchrist.com www.browsergameplanet.com

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X