Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I conditionally change text in my header for a new thread?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I conditionally change text in my header for a new thread?

I'd like to change the header of my forum when a user clicks on the "New Thread" button.

In my template for "header" I would like to add something like the following conditional statement:

Code:
    <if condition="check for new thread some how???">
    <b>A new thread was selected!!!!</b>
    </if>
    Basically is there a list of variables somewhere that I can check to see if a new thread is being initiated so that I can display that text in my banner?

This will require modification to your site.

For modification support, advice and assistance, please visit vBulletin.org.
    Kerry-Anne :)

Twitter Blog

www.peterska2.com www.worldnewszone.com www.popularusenetgroups.com www.superclickers.co.uk www.forumsforchrist.com www.browsergameplanet.com

Comment

I'm not writing custom php code or hacking the software, this is a feature of the vbulletin product to use conditionals. Can you at least point me to the list of them and what they do?

Comment

There is no conditional for this. It will require custom coding as Kerry-Anne stated.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
          There is no conditional for this...
          Yes there is.

<if condition="THIS_SCRIPT == 'newthread'">

http://britishexpats.com/ - British expatriate community

Comment

Originally posted by fastforward View Post
            Yes there is.

<if condition="THIS_SCRIPT == 'newthread'">

Yes, that would work to change the header on the newthread.php page.

--------
            As to the orignal poster, there is no list of conditionals. What conditionals would be available are dependant on the page and what you want to do. As they are really nothing more than PHP if statements, what can be done in them is fairly unlimited.
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

My apologies. I misunderstood what you were asking.
              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X