A theme just for me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A theme just for me

I've put something in my custom templates that's causing errors and slowing down my site. I don't know what it is yet -- everything seems ok in Firefox but IE is slow, slow, slow. It's like wading through treacle.

While I debug and work on this, I want to have a theme that only I and my test accounts can see. That means I won't have to shut down the forum as I work. Everyone else can continue to see the current theme. Slow, but working.

How do I create a theme that only I and my test accounts can see?

And also, if this is possible, can that theme start off as the default vbulletin theme (ignoring anything I've customised)?

Comment

You could always design template styles on another vbulletin board. You are permitted within the vBulletin license terms to run a test board, as long as it is not publicly accessible.

You can create a new style from the default vBulletin style by just creating a new style and cloning the image directory. Then change the name of this new image directory, and change the image paths in you new style to reflect the change.

Comment

Thanks. I worked out how to have a theme just for me though -- that is working for me now and easier than setting up a whole new board.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X