Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3.6.6 delay in loading youtube videos and 2-3sec freeze when loading forum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.6.6 delay in loading youtube videos and 2-3sec freeze when loading forum?

Here is my forum: http://forum.southfloridafusion.com/

I am experiencing a few problems since my 3.6.6 upgrade.

Problem #1:

When i load the main forum page (see link above), i usually get a 2-3 second freeze.

The navbar will load quickly, the threads will appear quickly. But, i cant use the mouse or scroll button for a few seconds.

On a few occasions, when i load the main forum page, everything will work fine for the first 1-2 seconds and then the freeze occurs for 2-3 seconds before returning to normal.

This problem didnt occur before 3.6.6. I am experiencing this problem on both a cable and T3 connection. issues.

Problem #2:

See this page for example http://forum.southfloridafusion.com/...play.php?f=132

Halfway down the page is a thread called "Urban Ninja I: The story of Kinetsu Hayabusa".

When i click on this thread, the thread will flash for two short pauses before displaying. It doesnt this sporadically on some threads but not all.

Basically the thread and navbar loads as normal (very quick too) and then disappears for a 1/2 second and re-appears. Sometimes that occurs for two cycles meaning it appears, disappears, re-appears, disappears and finally re-appears.

As i mentioned, it occurs pretty consistently with specific threads, not all threads only a handful of them.

Problem #3:

Again see this site for example http://forum.southfloridafusion.com/...play.php?f=132

These are all threads with embedded youtube videos in them.

These youtube embedded videos sometimes dont show for as much as 25 seconds. I never had this problem until my upgrade to 3.6.6

I will open a thread and the area where the youtube video should appear is empty, with an invisible outline of the video. The video then takes as long as 25 seconds to load. On a few occasions none of the videos loaded for nearly 15 minutes. Yet these same videos were still viewable on my non-vBulletin website area (ie. blog).

So im guessing its the 3.6.6 upgrade.

When you upgraded did you revert all the changed templates and re-apply your customizations to the defaults?

All of these issues seem to be related to loading external content. Your front page loads just fine for me except for the Google Ads which take several seconds to load. On some browsers, this can pause the entire page from rendering.

The second issue is also related though it is loading some javascript that shouldn't be loaded in linear mode. You should revert your showthread template.

We don't support embedding Youtube videos into posts by default so you will need to contact the addon author about this. It seems though that something changed to have less than optimal connections to external data, this is outside the scope of vBulletin though.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
      We don't support embedding Youtube videos into posts by default so you will need to contact the addon author about this.

I used this custom BB code provided by vBulletin http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=199304

But, i think it might be due to me my changing those few remaining templates, so i will try that and see if it still is a problem

Comment

Hi, I tried the links and it loads pretty fast. I don't notice any pauses when loading the topic with the embedded youtube video.

What are your PC specs?

If you have a slow PC don't expect flash videos to load in an instant.

Comment

Originally posted by smsmasters View Post
          Hi, I tried the links and it loads pretty fast. I don't notice any pauses when loading the topic with the embedded youtube video.

What are your PC specs?

If you have a slow PC don't expect flash videos to load in an instant.

Last night i reverted all the templates to the new 3.6.7 and re-added my customizations. The problem has now gone away.

Thanks for all the help though.

Comment