X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sooooo slow,after upgrade :(

Hey all,
    i've upgraded to the latest 3.6.6 , then my forum came so slow :s
    i've tried to change the style with the original style for it , i've tried to disable the hooks/plugins system, all doesn't make any changes

plz help
    :rolleyes:
    ThE StaR Of Egypt

Try restoring everything back to the defaults again.

First, reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server. Also be sure to upload the admincp files to whichever directory you have set in your config.php file. Then run 'Suspect File Versions' in Diagnostics to make sure you have all the original files for your version:

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions

[Note: In some cases you may also need to remove any of the listed .xml files in the includes/xml directory.]

Next, disable all plugins.

Note: To temporarily disable the plugin system, edit config.php and add this line right under <?php

define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);

Then if you still have this problem, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will forceit to use the default templates. Finally empty your browser cache, close all browser windows then try again. Make sure you change to the new style and view your forums with it. Do you have the same problem?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

i'll try that right now
      i'll reply with the results :d
      ThE StaR Of Egypt

Comment

i've upgraded to 3.6.7
        and make all that you said steve,but theproblem still the same :s
        ThE StaR Of Egypt

Comment

Then I'm afraid you have done all you can, short of removing features. This is a server issue. If you have a dedicated server, then please see this thread for help with optimizing your server:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...threadid=70117

Then post the requested info in a new thread in that forum.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Mr.Steve...
            first thanks for your quick reply
            then, the forum was working already fine with 3.6.5 , it's not a server issue,
            the page of my forum load fine with opera explorer but by the internet explorer there is the problem , then after the load there is a message appear told me that there is a java script may make damage in this site , disable it or not , if i choosed yes disable , it working fine
            i wanna know what is this script , how can i fix it , that's all

my forum link is:
            http://vb.staregy.com

waiting for ur help

Best regards,
            Ahmed Samy...
            ThE StaR Of Egypt

Comment

Well as I said, if you really followed my instructions then you have done all you can. If you feel that the the default vB 3.6.7 is causing this problem, then please feel free to report this in the 3.6 Bug Tracker here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=114

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Mr Steve,
                sorry for late
                the,i've tried to fix the problem by myself ,So i fond that the problem was in the clientscript files , i've replaced all this files with the files in the vb 3.6.5 , it's working good now...
                But,we waiting more from vbulletin to fix this problem ,Because i saw that there is many sites have the same problem , and there is many waiting for the fix

All the best
                Ahmed Samy
                ThE StaR Of Egypt

Comment

www.theblackpoet.com has been having the exact same problem!!! the EXACT same... im glad you figured out it was in the clientscript.... i followed your lead and my site is back up again... after down for 24hours!!!

i really appreciate the upgrades... but i really hate being the guiena pig for these kinds of issues...

thanks kingele18!

Comment

Same freeze on our sites,many people report this problem to me.I think some nonoptimized in clientscripts I hade never problem in 3.6.5

This is not server related problem.

Thanks

Comment

As I said feel free to report this in the 3.6 Bug Tracker here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=114

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

The problem is that you have your Username HTML Markup set incorrectly thats causing a loop.

Log in to your admincp, edit the usergroup and make sure you close all tags taht you've opened.
                        Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

Also by using the 3.6.5 clientscript files you will be breaking something else.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

kingele18, your problem is that you have the Usergroup HTML Markup tags backwards. You need to fix this.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

sorry for being late,
                              i'll check it mr. Steve,
                              and i'll reply
                              ThE StaR Of Egypt

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X