No announcement yet.

How do I see the specific email error?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I see the specific email error?

When I test my vBulletin instalation for sending emails, I get this message:

The mailing function returned an error while trying to send the mail.

I'm using an external SMTP account to send emails, but it seems it is not working.
    The same account I was here is used in another application (outside of vBulletin) to send me down alerts and it works like a charm. So, the sender is working fine.
    So, I need to know what exact error is vBulletin getting when I test the mail function, because all emails are not being send.

You would have to look at the server's mail log. vBulletin reports what it gets which isn't much.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by fischermx View Post
      When I test my vBulletin instalation for sending emails, I get this message:

The mailing function returned an error while trying to send the mail.

I'm using an external SMTP account to send emails, but it seems it is not working.
      The same account I was here is used in another application (outside of vBulletin) to send me down alerts and it works like a charm. So, the sender is working fine.
      So, I need to know what exact error is vBulletin getting when I test the mail function, because all emails are not being send.
      Same problem. Also can't use embedded email function.

Nothing is getting written to server logs when using SMTP settings.

Comment

Working...
      X