Fixing templates after upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fixing templates after upgrade

After I have upgraded to 3.6.6 it gives me the list of templates that need fixing, about 5 in all. Do I need to revert these then add back in my own extra bits, like in the header and navbar for instance? I noticed if I click edit then save without changing anything the template change announcement goes away, is this all I need to do or should I properly revert them with the revert button?

You should revert them and add your own code afterwards.
    That's the end of that!

Comment

good question, how can we upgrade templates

Comment

Originally posted by MrNase View Post
        You should revert them and add your own code afterwards.
        SO why does it not tell me they are wrong if I click edit then save without doing anything? Are these files still wrong then?

Comment

Originally posted by Astroman View Post
          SO why does it not tell me they are wrong if I click edit then save without doing anything? Are these files still wrong then?
          If you do that it will no longer tell you they need reverting, however you have not actually changed the content of the template so you may still experience problems.
          MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.4 Demo
          AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Yes, they are still wrong. It's a stupid system and I have similar problems.
            That's the end of that!

Comment

I’ve been using vb for a couple years now, and I finally learned to keep a copy of all my hacks on a list with the template modifications along with a copy of my config.php file on my hard drive. Having that list and the config.php yesterday, when I upgraded to 3.6.6, I had everything installed and back up, including template modifications in less than 10 minutes.

Comment

Is there not a have one can work on calmly re-editing reverted templates, test them out, and then go live with all the changes?

I have about 20 edited templates and updating from 3.64 is already looking a bit scary.
                Vote for these issues:

Comment

No one can see your site properly, only the header really, when you are updating the site apart from you, and any other super admins if there are any.

Comment

No one can see your site properly, only the header really, when you are updating the site apart from you, and any other super admins if there are any.
                    I was thinking without having the forum offline
                    Vote for these issues:

Comment

If you create a "test" forum, which contains a complete copy of your Production Forum, you can upgrade it and the unpdate the templates and then import them into your Production Forum. In that manner, you do your upgrade and updating with your personal template edits, without closing your Production Forum, and your transition from current to upgraded and updated takes only as long as uploading the upgraded files and templates and running the "upgrade" script on the database.

Regards,
                      Slappy

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X