Database with junk info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Database with junk info

Previously I had only one database and my forum was running on phpbb. Since I moved to vbulletin i used the same database because I still had only one. So theres data from phpbb with prefix phpbb_ and from vbulletin with another prefix.

Later I happened to add mods of which some of them i had to manually remove and hence new unwanted changes to the database remained because of the manually removed mods. So now I've got a DB with whole lots of wanted and unwanted data and Im wondering if this would affect the forums performance?

If yes, how do i find out and remove the unwanted data. I just need the data for my vBulletin forum. I changed my HSP and I can create a new DB if necessary.

TIA
    Jeff
    Last edited by jeffinj; Fri 11 May '07, 5:06pm.
    www.christianforumsite.com
    sigpic

I can't say, a few mods being installed and uninstalled shouldn't have effect on performance. I'd leave the vBulletin tables alone - and remove unknown (the ones not prefixxed with vbulletin table prefix) tables.

Of course, don't remove anything if you don't know what you're removing.

Comment

I'll just leave it like that. I dont know what I would remove.
      Last edited by jeffinj; Sun 13 May '07, 8:53pm.
      www.christianforumsite.com
      sigpic

Comment

If you ever decide to clean up good, and learn from it ... always back up the whole database first! obviously.

Before making any changes to your files, database or way of life: Always backup: http://www.vbulletin.com/go/backup - I prefer through shell.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X