Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP! My logo is sliced up!

Hi,

I'm having difficulty putting my logo in the header and am kind of lost as to what to do about it. I've managed to upload my own, but it's only showing partially. Have a look here:

http://www.rawfreedomcommunity.info/forum/index.php

I've noticed that when I save my logo in Photoshop, it automatically breaks it up in a number of slices. So I can't point vBulletin to a single image as per the instructions I've read on this board. Any idea on how I could solve this issue? Do you know if there's a way to save in Photoshop without the image being divided?

Any help with this would be really appreciated,

Thanks guys,

Carmella

Sorry, I've never heard of Photoshop automatically breaking up pics into slices. Can you explain that one?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

your logo file is called spacer.gif that can't be correct
      Last edited by WielerArchieven; Fri 11 May '07, 1:59pm. Reason: wrong suggestion ... weird

Comment

Hi Steve,

BTW, I'm by no means a Photoshop expert, just following instructions someone suggested. OK, here's what I do.

My skin came with a PSD file so that the header can be modified. So I made the necessary changes. Then, I cropped the section with my forum's name on it. Then clicked on 'Save for web', and when the next window comes up, the image is divided into sections. (By looking around the Photoshop Help, I've discovered that they call these 'slices.") In the images folder where I saved it, there are 4 files. Anyways, I've played around with it to see if there's a way I could get the image to stay complete but no can do.

Perhaps the program does that automatically because my image is too big. (?)

Comment

You need to contact the author of that skin for help in customizing that logo.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

JPEG can be of almost unlimited size. The author of the skin divided it up so you can change how it looks. Contact the author.

Comment

Originally posted by feldon23 View Post
              JPEG can be of almost unlimited size. The author of the skin divided it up so you can change how it looks.
              Hey Thanks Man!

That completely changed the way I approached the problem (as I thought it was a Photoshop thing.)

I managed to go back and remove the divisions so it's all fixed up now!

Thanks again,

Carmella

Comment