User's Location

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• User's Location

When initally setting up my forum i changed the word in the user's "location" to "anniversary" but for unknown reason when on my board it still says "location." Because I did this so early in my learning the software I cannot remember were it was that I changed it. I would like to have it say "Anniversary" but will change it back to "Location" if it is not possible for Anniversay.

When a user initally creates their account in it does say "anniversary". Also says "anniversary" in the User CP just not when on the site.

Examples are on the seen on the website www.LameHusband.com
    thanks,
    John

p.s. I would like to add another date that shows up there ("her birthday") if this can be anwered at the same time.

Sorry, I'm a bit confused. What did you do exactly?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Let me help out here (if i understand the question correctly).

Look under Admin Control Panel -> User Profile Fields -> User Profile Field Manager

Select your anniversary/location field and there you will be able to see the translations, guess you changed the fieldname but forgot to translate it.

You can also use the User Profile Field Manager to add new fields.

Comment

User Location (clarify)

Sorry for the confusing post... new to this and new to the terminology.
        Ok, when a user registers for the first time (on my or any other vbulletin site) they are asked many questions, one being his location. This location shows up, along with the joining date, under their username after they have logged in.

This is the info I am talking about. When I initially set up my board somehow I changed the word "location" to "her birthdate" hoping after registering a user's wife's birthday would always show up under his username. But on the actual site the words "her birthday" show up as "location".

Go to the site and click on any thread. I will show location with a date. I you register, it will ask your wife's birthday. Ideally I would like it to show the birthdate so changing the word "Location" is the goal.
        Thanks,
        John
        LameHusband.com

Comment

When I initially set up my board somehow I changed the word "location" to "her birthdate" hoping after registering a user's wife's birthday would always show up under his username
          Can you please explain what you did exactly?
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

User Location (clarify)

That is the entire crux of the problem. I do not know what I did to change it.
            It was changed durning the setup of my site and that is about all I know.
            john

Comment

You will need to edit the location_perm phrase to read anniversary instead of location. To do this, go to

AdminCP > Languages & Phrases > Search In Phrases

Enter location_perm in the search box, select Search By Variable Name Only, and click search.

Click edit next to the result returned and enter your desired text in the box provided.
              Kerry-Anne :)

Twitter Blog

www.peterska2.com www.worldnewszone.com www.popularusenetgroups.com www.superclickers.co.uk www.forumsforchrist.com www.browsergameplanet.com

Comment

That was it!

Thanks Kerry-Anne! That was it.
                John

Comment

On the same topic (maybe)

Now that I have gotten the Anniversary added under the user's name, is there a way to have other items listed there also? When users register for the first time, they are asked questions like their anniversary, wife's birthday, etc. I would like these to show up under their name as a reminder of dates they need to keep on top of.
                  Thanks,
                  John

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X