Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the best way of doing this? [advice needed]

Hello everyone. forgive me, but I'll jump straight into this;

I've got my forums [ http://www.guild-notorious.com/forums ] which are working just fine, but I've decided that I would like to make a 'vbadvanced' for the front page. So, I made a database backup, installed 'WAMP' (local host program) and installed a vb on my localhost. With this localhost vb, I've imported the database and started work on installed vbadvanced.

Now, I've made the nessesary changes to the styles and such, exported the styles and am ready to replace my hosted website; however people have been posting lots since I downloaded the database to start the work. What I'm wondering is, whats the best way of transfering my new database to my localhost ready to upload to the web? Or, whats the quickest and easyest way of uploading my new styles to my live VB without loosing any new posts?

Is there a way of closing my live forums, exporting just the posts/forums/pm's etc etc of the live forums to my desktop, so I can overwrite it on my localhost PHPMyAdmin then upload it?

Idea/s please?

thank you

I am not sure why you need to replace your live forums with a backup.

You should just have to install vBadvanced and import your style via Upload/Download styles.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X