Admin e-mail option not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Admin e-mail option not working

In the user registration options, I have ticked the box for "Receive Admin E-mails". However, new people who join are not getting that. Even on my own test accounts, the box is unticked and they're opted out of e-mails.

How can I fix this and how can I change the settings for everyone who's already joined?

You can set this in your
    AdminCP -> vBulletin Options -> User Registration Options -> Default Registration Options
    Best Regards
    Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

To set this for user's who have already registered:

AdminCP -> Maintenance -> Execute SQL Query -> Automatic Query -> All Users -> Yes - Recieve Admin Emails

To run queries you first need to give yourself permission to run queries in the Admin CP. To do this, edit this section of includes/config.php:

// *** USERS WITH QUERY RUNNING PERMISSIONS ***
      // The users specified here will be allowed to run queries from the control panel.
      // See the above entries for more information on the format.
      // Please note that the ability to run queries is quite powerful. You may wish
      // to remove all user IDs from this list for security reasons.
      $config['SpecialUsers']['canrunqueries'] = 'x';

...with x being your userid number.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin F View Post
        You can set this in your
        AdminCP -> vBulletin Options -> User Registration Options -> Default Registration Options
        I've done that. Like I said in my message, it's set to allow the messages but that's not what's happening when people join.

Comment

Is is only these types of not being sent? Are other mails such as new post notifications and activation emails etc being sent?

Are you running any plugins or have any third party addons installed?

Comment

Originally posted by Boxy View Post
            Is is only these types of not being sent? Are other mails such as new post notifications and activation emails etc being sent?
            Other e-mails get sent fine. And it's not just that the admin e-mails don't get sent, the field in the database actually says that they've opted out. For some reason, the system is ignoring the default setting from the options and opting people out.

Originally posted by Boxy View Post
            Are you running any plugins or have any third party addons installed?
            Lots. I guess I can try disabling them one at a time and see if that helps.

Comment

Disabling the plugins and removing and code modifications is a good start. If the problem still exists after disabling them and you still need assistance, fill out a support ticket at:
              http://www.vbulletin.com/go/techsupport

Be sure to include the login info to your AdminCP, phpMyAdmin and FTP.

Comment

Working...
              X