• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    UrbanPromo

• UrbanPromo
    replied
    Originally posted by Kerry-Anne View Post
    The only way to prevent that box from showing is to set it as a category. Template editing can be used to change the appearance of it, but this requires custom coding in your templates. You will need to ask at vBulletin.org for help with the template coding if you wish to pursue that.
    Thanks! I will drop them a note at Vbulletin.org!

Leave a comment:

• peterska2

• peterska2
    replied
    The only way to prevent that box from showing is to set it as a category. Template editing can be used to change the appearance of it, but this requires custom coding in your templates. You will need to ask at vBulletin.org for help with the template coding if you wish to pursue that.

Leave a comment:

• UrbanPromo

• UrbanPromo
    replied
    Originally posted by RavenShaolin View Post
    permissions my friend

make your forum and sub forums and when you go to edit permissions for them just defalt the subs to where everyone you want posting can post and the sub forum shoud lock and not be postable in
    Nobody can post my friend. But the thread is still showing up.

Leave a comment:

• UrbanPromo

• UrbanPromo
    replied
    First of all, thanks for your reply.

I already tried that and it worked, but the look of the sub-forum becomes different.

I want it to stay the same as the ' Master ' sub forum. Is that possi
    ble?

I attached a print screen and pointed the sub forum that changes.

Foubu

Originally posted by Kerry-Anne View Post
    AdminCP > Forums & Moderators > Forum Manager > Bachelor > Edit Forum > Act As Forum > No

This will set the Bachelor forum to be a category thus preventing new posts in it and removing that box.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• peterska2

• peterska2
    replied
    AdminCP > Forums & Moderators > Forum Manager > Bachelor > Edit Forum > Act As Forum > No

This will set the Bachelor forum to be a category thus preventing new posts in it and removing that box.

Leave a comment:

• RavenShaolin

• RavenShaolin
    replied
    permissions my friend

make your forum and sub forums and when you go to edit permissions for them just defalt the subs to where everyone you want posting can post and the sub forum shoud lock and not be postable in

Leave a comment:

• UrbanPromo

• UrbanPromo
    started a topic 'How do I make my Sub-forum'

'How do I make my Sub-forum'

Hi,

I hope somebody can help me out?

I don’t want my visitors to post in the main forum, but have only the opportunity to chose one of the sub-forums. To keep my forum structured.

I attached a print screen and pointed the tread that I want to disappear.

Many thanks,
    Foubu
    Attached Files