X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floris
    replied
    Hello again,

Yes, these are our support forums, as a customer you are free to post your questions here. But if you are going to be rude I feel forced to take this support issue to private. Which is needed in this case anyway. Because in order to provide you with the support, someone from our staff has to go into your style and check the templates and their variables, etc.

That said, this is the second time I will ask you kindly not to be rude.
    I understand your frustration if a modification to the style isn't working out for you as first expected and you are not getting satisfactory support. But our forum rules still apply. Please respect them.

Thank you.

But let's get back on topic.
    At first glance, Wayne is right. This is normal behavior - there's probably no extra space unless you added it. I suspect a change in a default setting or Main CSS class is causing padding or margin getting added to rendered elements. If you create a new style, set parent to 'none' and load that. Does it then also show with the white space? If not, then it is most certainly a customization you've applied.

[EDIT]

There's no follow on this thread by you, but did you try:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> General Settings -> Add Template Name in HTML Comments -> Yes

And setting this back to the vBulletin default value of 'no'?
    Last edited by Floris; Sun 22 Apr '07, 9:28am.

Leave a comment:

• wtrk
    replied
    isnt this a SUPPORT FORUM? this is rediculous.. your service sucks. ill figure it out on my own.

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    Hi there,

I have merged all your posts into 1 post. Because posting right after eachother like that is not really something we want. We consider this as bumping your thread. Something you do not need to do.

Also, could you please note shout at our staff? Reporting your post with a shout (all in caps) is considered rude and is a poor way of bumping staff attention.

If you are not happy with the support we provide please start a support ticket and request someone else to assist you. And we can continue the support via a ticket.

Leave a comment:

• wtrk
    replied
    Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
    It is that way by default.
    are you sure?

you still didnt answer my question. if you look on every other vbulletin forum, ITS NOT LIKE THAT WAY BY DEFAULT. maybe if you paid attention to these threads and actually read what people posted you would know that. your support has seriously gone done hill in the last 6 months, your answers are getting skimpier and skimper on info. its enough to make me reconsider buying additional vbulletin licences for my next forum projects.

now im going to give you one last chance to answer my question:

why are there extra spaces around the reputation blocks and why are ther extra spaces after ever , and how do i get rid of them?

if you refer to the picture above youll see what im talking about (or is that too much work to justify your one line of support limit?)

add let me add just to back up my point that its not like that by default with this screen shot of your forum and notice the location of the , in the list of users, there IS NOT AN ADDITIONAL SPACE LIKE YOU CLAIM IS DEFAULT:

and if you give me a few minutes ill provide another screen shot to prove that your wrong again when you claim that the reputation buttons are like that by default:
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Floris; Sun 22 Apr '07, 7:45am.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    It is that way by default.

Leave a comment:

• wtrk
    started a topic extra space

extra space

for some reason there is an extra space that appears in several places in my forums. It just started happening one day, Ive tried to revert templates, but that doesnt seem to fix the problem.

The extra space occures at the places where there are list of things, anywhere there is a , there is an extra space after the persons name. for example:

user1 , user 2 , user3

and its also got an extra space between reputation boxes, each geen box is separated by a space.