Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hass
    replied
    No one else has been able to see the updates for months. I actually installed this hack months ago and was wondering why it didn't work, turns out it has been working I just can't see them because the template updates haven't worked.

Anyhow, i've duplicated my style and used the new one and most of the template edits are showing in that?!

How bloody odd..

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Have you reuploaded the original vB files? If so, then this would appear to be a caching issue on your end, either the browser or ISP.

Can anyone else duplicate the problem you are having?

Leave a comment:

• hass
    replied
    Hi guys,

I have turned off the hook system and still had the same problem. I'm sure it's the same style i'm testing as it's the only one I have..

I'm astonished actually. Any other ideas?

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    Make sure you are loading the site with that styleid and not some other style.

Also, turn off the hook system and test it like that, after a hard refresh.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    The only place that templates are cached are on the user end, browser or ISP cache.

Leave a comment:

• hass
    replied
    I just opened MEMBERINFO and cleared its contents and refreshed a member profile and it's still working fine.

There must be a cache somewhere - is this the datastore table?

Leave a comment:

• hass
    started a topic Template edits not reflecting

Template edits not reflecting

Hi all,

I'm a veteran vbulletin'er and am generally resourceful so I'm quite shocked with myself for having to post a thread about this..

I have basically edited a few templates to which the changes are not being updated on the site. This is happening for both styles I have (default + my theme). I edit MEMBERINFO for example, throw in a bunch of garbage and upon refreshing there is nothing.

What's interesting though is if I edit headinclude and refresh member.php I see nothing. If i refresh the /forums/index.php page though I can see it. I am so utterly confused. I've gone through and removed all the template caching plugins that I had - completely removed. I am also running memcached but have disabled this too.

I'm so utterly confused. Is there another cache that I'm not aware of? This isn't browser caching btw as I've flushed my cache a zillion times, have used another laptop and different browsers.

Suprisingly searching both here and vbulletin.org has produced nothing of the like? I must be going insane..

Any help would be muchly appreciated
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X