New Post Status Icons issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Post Status Icons issues

***These issues are recurrent on all three of my styles (the default, and two others).***

When there is a new post on my forum the status icon of the forum name on the board index obviously changes to the "forum contains new posts" icon. When I enter that forum that icon is next to the thread that has a new post, or is a new thread, and the thread title is also in bold. That's normal, no issues yet.

However, if I go in and read the thread and all its new posts, the status of that forum doesn't automatically change in the board index. I have to go back into the forum and then back to the board index to update its status to "forum contains no new posts."

The second issue is that the status icons expire very quickly. If I visit my board read some posts (but not all) and then leave for a while and come back, the forums that had "forum has new posts" icons next to them no longer have that. Instead, they have "forum has no new posts." When I go into the forum, none of the posts I had never read are bolded or indicated as new by the icons. Instead, they are shown as read.

This is my first vB installation, and it was an import from IPB 2.1.7. Most of the other vB boards I visit do not have this issue (unread posts and forums remain indicated as unread until i read them or click on "mark all as read." Also, all other forums instantaneously indicate that a forum has no new posts in the board index if I read all of them, and do not require me to go back into the forum and back out again.) Please help!

AdminCP > vBulletin Options > vBulletin Options > General Settings > Thread/Forum Read Marking Type

Try one of the bottom two instead of cookie based which it sounds like you are using.
    Kerry-Anne :)

Twitter Blog

www.peterska2.com www.worldnewszone.com www.popularusenetgroups.com www.superclickers.co.uk www.forumsforchrist.com www.browsergameplanet.com

Comment

That worked, thank you so much!

Comment

Picking up an old thread to not clutter the index (correct me if this was a mistake).

I seem to have the same issue, and seen it on at least one other vBulletin board i visit regularly, mine setting is cookie based but i want to change it to one of the two DB options.

So my question now is, what setting is used here on vBulletin as that always
        is correct?

Comment

Database - No Automatic Forum Marking
          Kerry-Anne :)

Twitter Blog

www.peterska2.com www.worldnewszone.com www.popularusenetgroups.com www.superclickers.co.uk www.forumsforchrist.com www.browsergameplanet.com

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X