Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem: Changing forum ID (forumid)

Here's the scenario:

- Let's say my category has forumid 30 (forumdisplay.php?f=30)

Within this category, I create a new forum. This new forum has forumid 61 (forumdisplay.php?f=61)

Within this forumid 61 I create a forum with forumid 89 (forumdisplay.php?f=89)

So, when I use phpMyAdmin to view table "_forum", under row 61, I should see something like this:

forumid: 61
    parenid: 30
    parentlist: 61,30,-1
    childlist: 61, ..., 89,-1

Likewise when I view row 89, it should be something like this:

forumid: 89
    parentid: 61
    parentlist: 89,61,30,-1
    childlist: 89,-1

For some reason the previous row, row 88 was deleted, so I decided to manually change row 89 to row 88 via phpMyAdmin. So my new info for row 61 would be like this:

forumid: 61
    parenid: 30
    parentlist: 61,30,-1
    childlist: 61, ..., 88,-1

and for row 88 (previously 89) would be like this:

forumid: 88
    parentid: 61
    parentlist: 88,61,30,-1
    childlist: 88,-1

However, in my forum index and forum display page, the link to the newly edited forum (forumid 88) continues to be forumdisplay.php?f=89 instead of forumdisplay.php?f=88.

Obviously I need to change something else in addition to the above, but what is it? Or where did I do wrong, or miss?

Thanks.

Change it back, manually editing the database like this is _never_ recomended or safe. Furthermore you shouldnt ever try to reuse ids in vBulletin since we only ever use new fresh id's for everything. Theres no good reason to change the ids because they are used accross the entire system in multiple tables/rows/etc.

Comment

It's unwise to start changing things directly in the database. You can try:

AdminCP -> Maintenance -> Update Counters -> Rebuild Forum Information

It may or may not fix the problem.

Comment