Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Database Error

Hey guys,
    I know this isnt the place to be asking about modification problems, but this error i am getting has been a problem in the upgrade process of vbulletin for other users. If you cant help me, then fair enough, i will have to look else where.
    Anyways.

I was updating a modification and it overwrote some tables in the database and when i clicked 'Next' it came up with this error:

Database error in vBulletin 3.6.5:

Invalid SQL:

SELECT
    userfield.*, usertextfield.*, user.*, UNIX_TIMESTAMP(passworddate) AS passworddate,
    IF(displaygroupid=0, user.usergroupid, displaygroupid) AS displaygroupid,
    language.phrasegroup_holiday AS phrasegroup_holiday,
    language.phrasegroup_global AS phrasegroup_global,
    language.options AS lang_options,
    language.languagecode AS lang_code,
    language.charset AS lang_charset,
    language.locale AS lang_locale,
    language.imagesoverride AS lang_imagesoverride,
    language.dateoverride AS lang_dateoverride,
    language.timeoverride AS lang_timeoverride,
    language.registereddateoverride AS lang_registereddateoverride,
    language.calformat1override AS lang_calformat1override,
    language.calformat2override AS lang_calformat2override,
    language.logdateoverride AS lang_logdateoverride,
    language.decimalsep AS lang_decimalsep,
    language.thousandsep AS lang_thousandsep

FROM user AS user
    LEFT JOIN userfield AS userfield ON (user.userid = userfield.userid)
    LEFT JOIN usertextfield AS usertextfield ON (usertextfield.userid = user.userid) LEFT JOIN language AS language ON (language.languageid = IF(user.languageid = 0, 1, user.languageid))

WHERE user.userid = 1;

MySQL Error : Unknown column 'passworddate' in 'field list'
    Error Number : 1054
    Date : Wednesday, April 18th 2007 @ 02:44:55 PM
    Script : http://www.mysite.com/forums/index.php
    Referrer :
    IP Address : xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
    Username :
    Classname : vB_Database
    I have the following versions of mysql and php on my hosting:

MySQL: 4.1.21
    PHP: 5.1.6

I also have another forum installed and it is still running fine, so i know that SQL hasnt stopped. I have tried repairing the database and checked it for errors, but it says that it all seems to be ok.

Any help you can give me would be great, thanks.

Check the user table in your database and see if you have a 'passworddate' field.
    Best Regards
    Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

No its not there, im guessing its meant to be?
      If so, how can i repair the vbulletin database?

Comment

Bump

I really want to try recreating all corrupt or incorrect tables and fields rather then start from scratch again, is there any possible way to do this?

Comment

Run this query please:<br><br>ALTER TABLE user ADD passworddate DATE NOT NULL;<br>
          Best Regards
          Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

Yeah, i have already done that. After that i have had to do it about 10 more times for different fields, i have just been copying the field settings from my vb3.5.6 installation. But there were some fields like 'infractiongroupid' that arent in 3.5.6. I have managed to get back to the forum and i can get in the admincp now. But there are still areas that are coming up with errors. So i rather then going through each field, i am wandering if i can do a database repair that will add the rest of the fields and settings for each field?

Comment

Well even if i cant do a full repair, what tables can i back up that would have all the 'vbulletin options' settings in them. that is the main reason i dont want to have to start from scratch again. So if i can backup the table that has all of those settings in, then i can start a-fresh and just import that table back in and be happy

Comment

Not sure I follow all this but you are going to need all the vB tables. The options are in the 'settings' table but I do not know if you can simply backup and import that table since that data is shared with other tables.
                Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

oh ok, well ill just have to do it the hard way then. Thanks for your help anyway.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X