can vB send an RSS feed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can vB send an RSS feed?

can I have vB send an RSS feed? maybe something that my users can select a certain forum and recieve all new topics or something like that. is that something that's currently available?

Thanks!
    www.clubhonda.com

Yes, you can point them to external.php?type=rss2

I believe if you add &forumids=X (where x is the number of the specific forum) that it will only list the feed from that forum.

Feeds are based on what customers can see.

Comment

hummm, I'm using outlook 07 to recieve the RSS feed and when I tried http://www.clubhonda.com/forums/external.php?type=rss2 it wasn't happy, am I doing something wrong in the link? the error says the link may not be a valid RSS source.
      www.clubhonda.com

Comment

Did you enable the feeds here:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> External Data Provider
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

once again you guys rock!

Thanks!
          www.clubhonda.com

Comment

can I insert a banner ad right before the "view article" link in the RSS feed? I love the RSS setup but it's a catch 22 for my advertising.
            www.clubhonda.com

Comment

There is no function to do this. This requires modifying the code. We cannot officially support code modifications or forums running modified code, however you can try searching or asking for help with this over at www.vbulletin.org.
              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Yes, you actually can. The template you use for the feed can include bbcode, so you can add [img]linktoimg[/img]

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X