Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Exclude admins from attachment restrictions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exclude admins from attachment restrictions?

Just wondering if it is possible to exclude admins from all attachment restrictions (number of attachments, size and type) etc?

Thanks!

I'd say yes. Perhaps the... Usergroup Manager would provide a clue? Oh, and maybe some tweaks in the... Attachment Manager.
    ~ Life isn't always fair, but you can be. ~

Comment

Thanks! I missed the Attachment Permissions part; not sure how though!

I looked all around there and never seen it. I can change the attachment file size permissions here but I can't see anywhere that will allow me to exclude admins from the number of attachments allowed.

This seems like a global permission set via the vBulletin options only. It doesn't look like you can do it per usergroup, unless I'm going blind again!

Comment

Check the Admin usergroup again. When you're scrolling down page, if you blink you'll miss it.

Comment

I've just been right through the Admin usergroup (when I blinked I stopped scrolling) and I still couldn't see anything relating the amount of images allowed to upload. I've even tried searching for words like attach and upload to see what options it gave me.

Can you post exactly what it is that I'm looking for? I'm in the usergroup manager looking at admin permissions.

Thanks!

Comment

There should be a section called Attachment Permissions. The fifth section down from the top. If it isn't there, you have other problems.

Comment

I have Attachment Permissions, but only with the following options:

- Can Upload Attachments
              - Space (in bytes) that a user's total attachment usage may consume

Should there be something else there??

Comment

Originally posted by RayW View Post
                - Space (in bytes) that a user's total attachment usage may consume
                And what does it say right under that?

Space (in bytes) that a user's total attachment usage may consume
                (Set to 0 to not have a limit)

Comment

Sorry, I think I should have been more specific.

I have set all that up and happy with it. One thing I would like to change is the restriction on how many attachments an admin is allowed to upload. You can set this via the vBulletin options but there is no option, on a per usergroup basis, to set this.

For example, you might want registered users to only upload 3 images per post, where as admins might be allowed to upload 10.

Hopefully this makes more sense.

Comment

Oh... right. I somehow missed that in your original post. Sorry about that (*slaps back of own head*). Maybe someone at vbulletin.org has made a plugin or something to do what you need.

Comment

I will ask at vb.org. Thanks for your help. Sorry for not being a little more specific earlier on.

Cheers!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X