Complex paid subscription issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Complex paid subscription issue

We have premium memberships for a fee which offer the subscriber several benefits. One level offers a subscription to our print magazine as part of the package. We have had to fulfill that part of the premium manually which has created extra work and confusion.

Now that we have a digital magazine we want to switch the subscription we give this teir of membership to digital format rather than print. The beauty of the digital fulfillment is that the digital service company gives us code for a beacon to place on our order confirmation page. This alerts them to all new digital orders as they are placed and sends the new subscriber an instant email confirmation and link to their first digital issue.

It would be fantastic to be able to place this within our vB paid subscriptions system. Currently we have it set through Paypal only. Is it possible to place this beacon somewhere, somehow so that when the subscription is activated on vB the beacon sends the message back to digital headquarters to send the new premium member thier first digital issue right then and there - just like their paid subscription becomes immediately active upon Paypal payment?

I hope that all makes sense. I appreciate any help!
    Eat Your Veggies

Two things come to mind that may or may not help depending on how things are setup on your end.

#1, However often your newsletter updates, monthly or whatever, go into the the body text portion of the email that it will send to the user upon subscribing with the link to the file, this would be easy just to add it every month.

#2, Under VBulletin Options > Paid Subscription > Paid Subscription Email Notification, change that to whatever email address your other company uses & then have that email system dispatch out an email upon receiving the subscription email from your site.

#3, is to install this http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=140566 & change the phrase called: sendpm_on_paid_subscription_alertpm to something similar to what I mentioned in #1.

This is all I could think of right now.

Comment

I don't think 1 or 2 will do it. 3 *might* be a possibility. Thanks for the ideas. I'll check out #3 more.

Anyone else have anything to suggest?
      Eat Your Veggies

Comment

What page does the payment process return to?

I'm looking for exactly the same thing, however, I'm trying to exectue a bit of javascript to update an affiliate database. They suggest adding the script to the "confirmation" page that is presented following a successful payment. Can anyone tell me what page that is?

Found it! payment_gateway.php
        Sorry to have troubled anyone.
        Last edited by GoyoCafe; Thu 10th May '07, 5:29am. Reason: Found the answer

Comment

Found the script, now what...?

Ok, so I'm lousy hack at best. I found the script, but no idea if I can insert javascript here:

if ($apiobj->type == 1)
          {
          $subobj->build_user_subscription($apiobj->paymentinfo['subscriptionid'], $apiobj->paymentinfo['subscriptionsubid'], $apiobj->paymentinfo['userid']);
          if ($apiobj->display_feedback)
          {
          $vbulletin->url = $vbulletin->options['bburl'] . '/payments.php';

eval(print_standard_redirect('payment_complete', true, true));
          }
          }
          Just looking at it makes me believe I need to insert this into a template, but maybe someone in the know can shed some light on this.

Thanks.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X