Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Migrated... Avatars not working

Hello,
    I just migrated a vB forum to a new host, and all seemed to go well, except the avatars are no longer working. I updated the includes/congif.php file, but does anyone have any ideas what else I need to do?
    Thanks,

Neil

Are you storing avatars in the database or the file system?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I'm not even sure, but that's a good starting point, thanks.

Comment

My "customavatars", "customprofilepics" and "signaturepics" directories are all empty, so I'm guessing they were stored in the DB.

Comment

No, not necessarily. You could have not moved them from the old host. What do these show:

Admin CP -> Attachments -> Attachment Storage Type

Admin CP -> Avatars -> User Picture Storage Type

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

ahh..i just posted about this too..this is what i get when i go to those settings..Im taking it its the same issue as mine..
            Last edited by Ms.Rachel; Mon 9 Apr '07, 11:14am.

Comment

I know I moved everything accross, I have spent most of the day doing it, and have been very thorough.

Admin CP -> Attachments -> Attachment Storage Type:
              Attachments are currently being stored in the database
              Action Move Items from Database into File System
              Admin CP -> Avatars -> User Picture Storage Type:
              Images are currently being served from the database

Comment

Mr. Haze,

What is not working exactly? More info would be helpful as well as a link to this problem.

Ms. Rachel, please start your own thread with all the relevant details.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Sorry, I thought I explained that in my opening post. I migrated my vB forum to a new host and everything is working except the avatars, which aren't showing up.

If you need an example for that, well, here:
                  http://www.weedforums.com/mission-5-...553/index.html

Comment

Try this. Create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Then change to this style and view your forums with it. Do you have the same problem?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Yes, I tried that and avatars are still broken.

Comment

Then this is either due to an add-on, or the database was not correctly backed up and restored. How did you backup and restore this db and which versions of MySQL are running on the old and new servers?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

The database backup/restore was done through phpMyAdmin. I don't think it's the addons, all of them have been installed and running happily for several months. Which DB table are the avatars stored in? I can try reloading it...

Comment

That would be the customavatar table. However the MySQL versions is a very important issue which is why I also asked for that information.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

On both the old and new server it's 4.1.21-standard

... and the customavatar table seems to be populated correctly.

Comment

Working...
                              X