Clear All

• MsJacquiiC
    replied
    Thanx for the info KERRY-ANNE

Jacquii.

Leave a comment:

• actolearn
    replied
    problem solved! looks like everything is good to go at this point. thanks for your help.

Leave a comment:

• actolearn
    replied
    i have multiple customer numbers, and i just tried another one -- and that one let me in. i'll continue with following the instructions outlined by kerry-anne above.

thanks for your patience and help thus far.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Then the only other cause I know of is if you are blocking cookies or you do not have the original vB files uploaded.

Leave a comment:

• actolearn
    replied
    yes, just double checked -- i'm using the customer number, but still no luck.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Make sure you are using your customer number and not your license number.

Leave a comment:

• actolearn
    replied
    hi kerry-anne,

i uploaded tools.php to my admincp, and then pulled up the page in my web browser. i was prompted to enter my customer number, which i did. upon hitting the submit button, though, the page simply reloaded (in this instance i did not get a login confirmation message; the page simply reloaded).

any ideas?

thanks
    simit

Leave a comment:

• peterska2
    replied
    Upload tools.php from the do_not_upload folder to your admincp then point your browser to this file and use it to reset your cookie domain and path to the default settings. When you have done this, remove the file again.

Next, clear the cookies in your browser and restart your browser.

Leave a comment:

• actolearn
    started a topic unable to login to ACP

unable to login to ACP

hello,

i messed up my site and am now unable to login to the admincp and wanted to see if someone could help me resolve the problem.

here's what i did:

1. i installed my site on domain1.com/forums
    2. i then purchased domain2.com and used it as an add-on domain that pointed to domain1.com/forums
    3. i wanted to use domain2.com for marketing purposes, so in the vbulletin admincp i changed the install location from domain1.com/forums to domain2.com
    4. once this was done, people could register, but it looked like the cookie was not "sticking"; meaning once they registered and logged in, they would get login confirmation, but would return to the page without being logged in.
    5. because of this, i changed the cookie domain to domain2.com
    6. now, people are able to register and post, but i am not able to log out. also, i cannot login to admincp; i get a confirmation message that my user and pass were accepted, but then i am redirected back to the login page.

is there anyway i can get myself out of this mess? any help would be most appreciated.
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X