Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

disable scripts in signatures without turning off bb code?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• disable scripts in signatures without turning off bb code?

Hi, I'd like to know if there is a way to stop people from using codes such as <embed> in their signatures without me having to turn off all BB code? I do have HTML disabled but users are still being allowed to add things like the picture slide shows and countdown tickers that use the <embed> tags. I really want to leave the BB code enabled because I don't mind them using things like font size, font style, bold, etc. I just need to somehow stop the use of these scripts because people are leaving tags open and it's totally messing up parts of the forum.

Is there a way to disable this but leave all of the other BB code enabled? I thought having HTML off would work but it doesn't....

Thanks, in advance!

You must have some kind of modification installed which is causing this, since by default, HTML is not enabled in signatures and turning on bbCodes would not cause this behavior.

Comment

OK, I'm going to go troubleshoot then to see what could be causing it. I do have a few mods installed that could possibly be causing this. Thanks for your response!

Comment

I tried disabling all of my modifications and it still allowed the <embed> code to be used.

Maybe I am missing a setting or something.

I have HTML set to "off" for all usergroups. Can you tell me which other settings I should check? These embed codes are really annoying me

Comment

Did you create an embed bbcode tag? You my have it for Flash or youtube.
          Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X