Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attachment permission issue.

This is the problem my users are having

They'll create a thread/post, attach a bunch of pictures or whatnot, which works aok
    but, when they later come back to attach either a new picture or remove an existing one, they get the default Permission denied page, on the upload/remove attachment page

Does anyone know why this might happen?

I double checked the registered members group and they're set to be able to edit/delete their own posts
    Also checked the forum and the permissions are right in there to.

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> vBulletin Options -> Message Attachment Options

Allow Deletion of Attachments Beyond Edit Time Limit
    Allow users to delete attachments, even if the post edit time limit has been exceeded? If you have attachment quotas enabled then you will need this option enabled to allow users to delete attachments once they reach their quota. The user will still need permission to edit posts in the forum for this to apply.

Allow Deletion of Attachments in Closed Threads
    Allow users to delete attachments from threads that are closed? If you have attachment quotas enabled then you might need this option enabled to allow users to delete attachments once they reach their quota. The user will still need permission to edit posts in the forum for this to apply. If the above option is set to NO then this option will only apply up to the edit time limit setting.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Thanks Wayne
      That's the first thing I checked, both options are ticked
      I'm wondering if it's some rouge plugin we've got installed, but the odd thing is, no plugin has been installed for quite sometime and it's only now people are having issues,

Comment

I have the same problem in my board.

Do you fix it?

Comment

My problem was related to a plugin, I believe the PM attachments plugin.

Comment

Yes, i have it too.
            So? How to fix that? Remove this plugin?

Comment

I think so yea
              I removed it

Comment

Okay thanks. It's really bad there no another mod like that for attachments in private messages.
                I think next version of vB should include this...

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X