Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

image tag pop-up is different? how do i revert to the old style?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • image tag pop-up is different? how do i revert to the old style?

    my image tag quick-box is now like this:

    (it is also an infliction here at vb.com, for me)







    i would prefer it to be the old fashioned way, like this:










    how can i change it back to the way the user on the bottom screen shot has?

    i was thinking it might be because of our user groups (admin vs member)... but that wouldn't make a difference here, which uses the new way ... which i just find too goofy for me!

    thanks in advance!
    tehdriven.com

  • #2
    That's the pop-up window for giving reputation, nothing to do with images.

    ...er... at least the title bar says it's for the rep. What's the URL field for??
    ~ Life isn't always fair, but you can be. ~

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by cbiweb View Post
      That's the pop-up window for giving reputation, nothing to do with images.

      ...er... at least the title bar says it's for the rep. What's the URL field for??
      it's the title of the thread, my members are not happy with the new reputation message after giving another user rep




      here's another forum (www.e46fanatics.com) that is doing the same thing as mine:





      www.vbulletin.com (this site) is also doing it.







      i feel the need to inform you that those are not my wheels or my car, i hijacked some other guy's thread LOL.
      tehdriven.com

      Comment


      • #4
        Odd. It's similar to the way it looks in Firefox, but I notice you're using IE. Even so, I checked it in IE6 and it looks totally different. Do you happen to be using IE7? If so, maybe that's why. Different browsers pop up a different looking box. Even Safari and Opera each give slightly different boxes.
        ~ Life isn't always fair, but you can be. ~

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by cbiweb View Post
          Odd. It's similar to the way it looks in Firefox, but I notice you're using IE. Even so, I checked it in IE6 and it looks totally different. Do you happen to be using IE7? If so, maybe that's why. Different browsers pop up a different looking box. Even Safari and Opera each give slightly different boxes.
          i used IE7 before we upgraded to 3.6.5; and it was the same way.


          i use IE7 on www.bimmerforums.com and they still pop up the old way...
          tehdriven.com

          Comment


          • #6
            any ideas?
            tehdriven.com

            Comment


            • #7
              I'm out of ideas myself. I do know there is no setting in vBulletin that controls or changes the kind of box that pops up. Other than it being a browser issue I have no idea why it would do that. Hopefully someone else will know. Sorry.
              ~ Life isn't always fair, but you can be. ~

              Comment


              • #8
                This was implemented due to the way IE7 handles javascript popup permissions. Before it would deny the popups to people who had their security settings too high.
                Translations provided by Google.

                Wayne Luke
                The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
                Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
                  This was implemented due to the way IE7 handles javascript popup permissions. Before it would deny the popups to people who had their security settings too high.
                  is there a way i could revert it, and just tell any members that have issues to "always allow pop-ups from this site"


                  we already have to do that in order to open a private message in a new window...
                  tehdriven.com

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    No and No, since neither of those will work, even with vBulletin.com in my secure site list AND allowing popup's the old style popups will still generate a secruity warning, then if you accecpt it you need to refresh the page and lose your information.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Zachery View Post
                      No and No, since neither of those will work, even with vBulletin.com in my secure site list AND allowing popup's the old style popups will still generate a secruity warning, then if you accecpt it you need to refresh the page and lose your information.
                      how come they didn't for all those months i was using IE7 and the old style?

                      and how come it works at www.bimmerforums.com ? they somehow have the old style pop-up...
                      tehdriven.com

                      Comment

                      widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X