popup menus appear in wrong place

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• popup menus appear in wrong place

The popup menus at the main menu (Search and Quick Links) appear in the wrong place (not directly under the menu item) after I've placed the menu in an absolute position inside an object with a relative position with css.

Anyone got any ideas?
    Thanks in advance.
    TheBoardWars.com - Play-by-Post community where you run your own game the way you want to!

Anyone?
    TheBoardWars.com - Play-by-Post community where you run your own game the way you want to!

Comment

Does this happen in the default vBulletin style? Compare the navbar templates between the default style and your own.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
      Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
        Does this happen in the default vBulletin style? Compare the navbar templates between the default style and your own.
        No, I've made my own changes.
        As I mentioned I put the menu inside an absolute positioned <div> and that one is inside a relative positioned <div>.

Comment

They are "invisible" tables. I am sure that will play havoc when placed in positioned elements.

Wayne Luke

Comment

They are "invisible" tables. I am sure that will play havoc when placed in positioned elements.
            Any idea how and/or where I should change how the popup menus appear to fix this?

Comment

They are located in the navbar template and controlled by clientscript/vbulletin_menu.js.

Wayne Luke

Comment

They are located in the navbar template and controlled by clientscript/vbulletin_menu.js.
                Ok, thanks. Though the navbar template is what I'm currently messign with and can't get it to work, and I remain clueless at javascript.
                Maybe I should see if someone at vbulletin.org has any idea how to fix this...

Comment

Nevermind, I fixed it. I just had to move the popup-code to the end of the navbar template instead of having it placed inside all those div's.

Comment

Originally posted by PointSingularity View Post
                    Nevermind, I fixed it. I just had to move the popup-code to the end of the navbar template instead of having it placed inside all those div's.

I've run into this same situation myself. Could you possibly shine some light on what "popup-code you moved to the end of the navbar template. I believe whatever you did to yours could solve my issue as well. *crossing fingers*
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by nonamer69 View Post
                      I've run into this same situation myself. Could you possibly shine some light on what "popup-code you moved to the end of the navbar template. I believe whatever you did to yours could solve my issue as well. *crossing fingers*
                      Hi,

Just cut everything from

<if condition="$show['popups']">
                      <!-- NAVBAR POPUP MENUS -->

to

<!-- / PAGENAV POPUP -->
                      </if>

within the navbar template and paste it to the bottom of the footer.

Make sure that the code is outside of the absolute positioned layers and you should be fine.

Cheers
                      Alexander

Comment

Still not workin

I too am having this problem. I moved as described but I am still getting the location problem

Can someone post the code please?

Comment

I'm still having the problem - PLEASE HELP

I still get this problem and can't resolve it.

I have modified the following templates so that the forums match the overall look and feel of my site.:
                          • header
                          • footer
                          When I revert these back to the original versions of the templates, the popup menu problem goes away. I would really like my forum to match my current site look.

PLEASE HELP

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X